“Staff was impressive” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
juneandmac
“Staff was impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

When I got to the hotel I was not felling well and had a very bad flight. The manager went out twice to get me soup and asprin. She also checked on me serveral times through out the 2 days that I stayed there. I have never received such kind staff to worry about me and take care of me. I will never stay anywhere else when I come to Sarasota.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Beautiful, comfortable, reasonable, and clean! Large Jaccuzi and Sausage Gravy for breakfast everyday!! Located close to all of Florida's Gulf Coast Keys (Siesta, Lido, and Casey Key, etc.). I was in town for the Stephen King Book Tour and booked this place because of its convenient location and jaccuzi, I exxpected it to be nice from the other Tripadvisor reviews I had read, but wasn't prepared for how nice it was. Everything about this place is spectacular, and I will definately stay here again if I ever have a reason to come back to the area. Since I always go to Florida in the spring Im not sure if November is its off season or not, but there was only about a dozen of us staying in this huge hotel, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves, and with the elegance and LONG hallways it was very much like the Overlook in Stephen King's movie The Shining, very appropriate for this vacation :).

It was a little hard to find though since it sits back off the road. To get there you need to make a right at the exit and then make your first right, and first right again, the hotel is behind the Perkins.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chittenango, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is an ideal hotel and you can find lots of deals online, so don't be scared off by the price. Also, it is one of the few remaining places to stay in Sarasota that allows smoking, and their PURE rooms make it possible to smoke and not smell the smoke! Great, freindly staff, great breakfast, too!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Georga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed in a two room suite, it was so roomy it was perfect with kids and a husband who likes to watch tv in his own room. The kids loved taking their bath in the big jacuzzi and making waffels for breakfast. We were close to the beach, a park, down town,shopping, movie theater and more. It is the perfect location for a summer vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wesley Chapel, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My family and I stayed over the Mother's Day weekend. Our room was large and clean. All common areas were also clean. The front desk was available and helpful. The pool was well kept, and the water was clean and heated. They have a huge whirlpool. Beds were comfy, pillows needed more fluff, though. The served a decent continental breakfast, but the waffle machine was not working well both mornings.
I would stay there again if I was in the area. We won this stay from and auction website- www.floridavacationauctions.com, so staying at a discount made it that much better!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

This AmericInn is not at the beach, but it is close enough so that you can be there in a matter of minutes and is right by I-75 for traveling convenience. There are many restaurants close by. We stayed in a junior suite four nights and loved the roominess. Our room was clean and attractive and we loved it here. The staff were wonderful and we'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I was at the hotel with an Elderhostel group so payment was made to them as part of the program; ergo, I am unable to comment on the cost.
The service was excellent and the staff was anxious to be helpful.
The room was comfortable and clean, but the carpet and bedspread were past their prime. (A minor negative.)
The hotel is about 5 minutes from downtown (We attended performances at the Opera House. It "ain't" the Met, but still it was very good. [an extra plug for the opera House])
The complimentary breakfast was very good for a hotel/motel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!