“Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
rharris80
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

We booked this room for 3 nights. The hotel is clean and quiet. We were able to enjoy the large hot tub during our visit! The staff was excellent. Each day we came back to fresh linens and a clean room. This is also the first hotel that I actually used the comforter! The room is really that clean!

My only disappointment was that the hotel was booked when I wanted to return.

Stayed January 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My Stay was very pleasent. Everything was in great shape. This has been my third stay and I will be back.

• Liked — The bedding was so comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

We booked for 2 nights at 50 GBP per night following good reviews on trip advisor and a reasonable tarrif. We found that the hotel met our expectations. It was easy to get to (just off the I-75) and is right next to Perkins family restaurant which was a life saver for our 18-month old son (and his paranoid parents).

There is free internet available in the foyet and a decent breakfast is provided. It is easy to get to downtown Sarasota and the beaches although they are a 30 minute drive or more. I enjoyed seeing the Myakka State Park which is also close by and well worth a visit if you want to get away from the sun and crowds.

• Liked — Location to beaches, downtown, Myakka State Park and the I-75
  • Disliked — not a romantic location but functional
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fredericksburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

My mother and I and two children (3,5) stayed there for two days while visiting my grandmother in Sarasota. This hotel is very far away from beaches and good shopping, but is right next to I-75. The breakfast was excellent and well-stocked and fresh. However, the rooms were very basic, could have been cleaner, and were very small. It was VERY expensive for what you got.

• Liked — Great breakfast.
  • Disliked — Rooms very small for the price.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Marblehead, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

We recently stayed for several days and found the property to be as listed. All areas were always kept clean. The breakfast bar was well staffed and all hot food was hot, cold food kept cold. Our room was very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was quiet and convenient to both Sarsata and Bradenton. (We were visiting family in Brandenton.) We enjoyed the pool and made use of the coin laundry. We enjoyed our stay and would happily stay here again.

• Liked — Whirlpool in room, quiet room
  • Disliked — view was lacking
  • Tips/Secrets — Great hotel if you have a car
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2006

I was very pleasantly suprised during my 2 night stay at the Americ inn this past memorial day weekend. Truthfully, I didn't expect too much other than I clean room given that this hotel is not a luxury hotel....however....I have stayed in luxury hotels that are not NEAR as nice and accomadating as the Americ inn is!!! The room was immaculate, very spacious, had a wonderful aroma...which to someone like myself who is very sensitive to their surroundings, is a wonderful thing!! The staff was always ready to assist us and very poilte. The continental breakfast..wow...it is outstanding!!! more than enough food,again more than some luxury hotels provide for their guests. To sum it up...we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2006
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May 2005 and had a really enjoyable stay. The lobby, lifts (elevators), and rooms are immaculately kept and clean (my wife is a bit of a stickler for that stuff, so she loved it here). Location is fine (if you don't mind driving to beaches etc) - right off the I75. Our room was quiet with no road noise - and there are a few good restaurants within walking distance - Perkins right next door, and Don Pablos (mexican) are really good. I especially liked the complimentary computer access in the lobby - helped me keep up to date with English football, weather and e-mails etc. The breakfast was excellent too - especially the fresh fruit. All together a great hotel to stay - we'll be back next time we're in Sarasota.

• Stayed May 2005