“extreme let-down” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Greendale, Wisconsin
“extreme let-down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Multiple, large stains on carpet in room. Carpet was also stretched in places - at least not enough to trip over. Dozens of tiny bugs gravitated to our backpacks and my wife's purse when placed on long table next to the TV. Dull odor of something rotting and/or urine. Stale biscuits. Cold gravy. Warm fruit. Truly a shame.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
It is very disheartening to read about your stay, the majority of customers are very happy with our hotel and have no complaints. When I spoke with you at check out I did explain we are in the middle of a remodel and are having new carpet laid very soon. I did go into the room after you departed and did not see one bug or smell any odors. The biscuits are a flour biscuit that is used for sausage gravy; they are not a flakey biscuit. The sausage gravy is kept in a warmer and the fruit is kept on ice. If you ever experience an issue and are not happy with your room please let us know right away so we can move you or correct the issue; unfortunately when you let us know of an issue at departure there is not much we can do.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed there for 2 days with my husband and a two other friends. I was really well impressed when I got there the hotel is new, the room clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast is way better than other hotels that I stayed before paying way more. It is not very close to the beach but you can find everything around and in 10 min you arrive in Lido beach. I will definitely stay there again and recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dongola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The AmericInn in Sarasota is where I stay every time I visit the area. I have tried other hotels in Sarasota, even on the beachfront, and they could not begin to compare to AmericInn. The rates are extremely reasonable, the rooms are comfortable, spacious, and clean, and the service is always friendly and helpful. I have nothing negative to say! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of the AmericInn of Sarasota! We know that you have many choices when it comes to your accommodations, and we appreciate you choosing us. The quality of our service is incredibly important to us, so we couldn’t be happier to read about your experience.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to once again be of service on a future trip to Sarasota.
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My son and I came to Sarasota to house shop and stayed at the AmericInn. We could not have had a better stay. Everyone was very helpful and kind, the room was spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was warm and delicious. All this for a very reasonable room rate. We will DEFINATELY recommend this property to our friends and family!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Charles Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel was nice and overall well kept. Staff was nice. My only two complaints would have to be the shower head, took me longer than usual to wash my hair and wish there was more variety on the hot breakfast side.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing The AmericInn of Sarasota. It’s a pleasure to read about your enjoyable experience and we appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your visit with others. I will be sure to have the shower head in your room looked at. We do offer eggs, sausage, turkey sausage, waffles, sausage gravy and oatmeal for hot breakfast items. Since it is a buffet we are limited to what we can put out.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to providing you with another exceptional visit on your next trip to Sarasota.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I recently spent 2 nights in this hotel. Previous reviewers rated this hotel as "Excellent". I would rate it a "very good" overall. The hotel is clean, the room has all the amenities, including a small refrigerator, ironing board, hair dryer, etc. The air conditioner is ice cold, and I actually turned the temperature up to about 78 in July, so that's a plus. There's a small pool outside, that I didn't see anyone using, but it would be crowded if any more than 3 or 4 people were using it. The neighborhood is right next to I-75, so it's a few miles to get into town. There's a Perkins restaurant right next door, and a few other supper dining options (Bob Evans, Don Pablo's, Applebees, Lone Star steakhouse). To rate this hotel as "excellent", it should be a bit more upscale. It was perfectly adequate, and "very good", but just not quite "excellent".

Room Tip: Outside noise was not a problem, and my room faced I-275. Only noise I encountered was from other gu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers here on Trip Advisor. You may have been looking at our hot tub instead of the pool. Our hot tub fits 12 people and our pool is actually pretty big for a hotel our size and can fit 25-30 people. We are getting all new furniture, lighting, mattresses, pictures, and carpet so hopefully the next time you come back you will give us the excellent review!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Hotel was everything it said it was and more. Very friendly staff. Our toilet backed up and they sent someone to our room immediately to fix it. I would use this hotel again. Hotel was clean and very pretty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!