“Exceptional Value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Exceptional Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We were in Sarasota for my daughter's wedding New year's Eve. We got into town earlier than expected and did not have a reservation. From my phone, I booked AmericInn through hotels.com 10 minutes before walking through the door. This was no problem with the desk clerk who got us checked into a room immediately. My parents decided to extend their stay at this hotel because it was such a great value, and when we went to the front desk, not only were they able to stay in the same room, the agent looked up the rate we got from hotels.com and matched it. Wow. Unheard of.

The room is spacious and clean, nothing fancy but for the price I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Complimentary breakfast was great. Conveniently located. Couldn't ask for more in a hotel, especially the customer service for the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. It is nice to hear the front desk took good care of you; they work exceptionally hard to make sure all our guests have a great stay. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

AmericInn Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hobart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota for 3 nights for a wedding we were attending in Sarasota on New Years Eve. The wedding was at the Sarasota Hyatt, and most of the other guests were staying at the Hyatt, but I wanted to save us some money & booked us at the Americinn instead. I had originally booked us for 2 nights in a King Jacuzzi room and got the advance booking discount. As it turned out, we arrived a day early, and the very helpful desk clerk, Julia, not only arranged for us to stay all 3 nights in the same room, but she gave us the advance booking discount for that first night also! The room was enormous, and very clean & comfortable. It was so nice to come back & unwind together in our room's big jacuzzi each night. The complimentary breakfast was quite nice, too, with hot sausage & biscuits, make-your-own belgian waffles, fresh mixed fruit, etc., much better than the typical donuts & cold cereals usually offered at other places. They even had complimentary casual suppers on a couple of the evenings; who else does that??? We also liked the pool, although the sun doesn't really hit the pool area until at least noon.
I wouldn't think twice about where to stay if we go back to Sarasota; we'd definitely stay at the Americinn. The price is really reasonable, and the value for the money is just great. My husband is STILL patting me on the back for booking that room.

Room Tip: Book early & spring for a king jacuzzi.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. I love the Jacuzzi suites the only problem is my 8 year old daughter does too so I only get to watch her! Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in Jan. 2012 . The location (Fruitville Rd. and I-75) was convenient for us, but I wouldn't recommend it for visitors who want to be close to the beach. The reception area was attractive, and the clerks helpfully gave us directions and recommended a hair salon nearby. The breakfast was fine--it included hot items, so it was more than "continental." The room was clean and well maintained and had a small fridge and microwave. My only complaint is that this hotel is hard to find based on the street address on Fruitville Rd. It is actually on a small street just north of Fruitville and not visible from that busy road. I had to call to find out how to get there because my GPS did not do the trick. No biggie, though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments; we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We will see you at AmericInn Hotel & Suites the next time you are in Sarasota.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Room - Spacious. The bed was terrible; too soft!

Maid service - bed made up and clean towels. After two days I had to ask for more soap and shampoo

Breakfast bar - Decent food. The worker trying to keep up with the morning rush could use some help. For those traveling with small children please get their food for them.

Overall, we were not pleased with our stay mainly due to poor sleep. Please do something about those beds!

• Stayed January 2012
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay; I’m sorry you did not sleep well. The beds were replaced a few years ago and they are premium Serta Mattresses. Unfortunately it is difficult to get a bed that meats everyone’s preferences.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed there 2 nights. Our room as very clean and spacious. We loved the flat screen TV, the clarity was excellent. We liked the first floor because it was close to the pool and the lobby. The free breakfast they offered was very plentiful and tasty, I loved the sauage and biscuits. The lady who checked us in was very polite and cared about our comfort. This hotel is next to I75 and access is a little complex but we really didn't have a problem because we had a GPS. The price was reasonable, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor because the pool was close and it was easy to carry our luggage in and out...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments; we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you at AmericInn Hotel & Suites the next time you are in Sarasota.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

As soon as we entered the hotel, we were greated by cheerful staff and a beautifully decorated lobby for the holidays. It made a large impact on our holiday being surrounded by a stunning Christmas tree and decor. Check-in process was quick and informative. The rooms are spacious and clean..the first things I look for in a hotel! Not only were the beds, linens and pillows comfortable..there was a flat screen tv! Huge plus for me! I inquired about restaurants in the area at the front desk and they were more than helpful in finding exactly what I was longing for. Since the Sarasota weather in December was in the upper 70/80's, the large pool and jacuzzi were utalized quite a bit. The complimentary continental breakfast exceeded my expectations. I was expecting the usual breads, cereals, etc. but what I found was much better! The do-it-yourself waffles were fabulous & I really enjoyed the freshness of the bagels! It was almost as if I had gone to Einsteins. Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the AmericInn and would most certainly return for a future visit! Especially with Siesta Key being the #1 beach in the US so close to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome review; we are glad you enjoyed your stay! I love the Christmas decorations too, I am always sad to see them taken down. Hope to see at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites of Sarasota soon.

Forest Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I've heard that hotels in the Sarasota area are hard to find but this one was perfect. Originally I was nervous that there would be road noise since it was close to Highway 75 but I'm happy to say our room was totally quiet and there was no noise at all from the roadway. Actually the hotel is on a quiet side street that gets little to no traffic! There are 2-3 restaurants that are walking distance from the hotel which makes this hotel perfect based on location and convenience for both food and highway access.

Check-in/out was quick and simple with a friendly staff on hand. Unlike other hotels that slip your bill under the door the last day of your stay, you don't get this and need to actually go up to the desk to checkout and get your bill/receipt. It was a non-issue for me and there was no line for us but I can see how it can get backlogged if several people wanted to checkout.

Breakfast was great and included in the price of the hotel. Your standard apples, bananas, yogurt, pastries, eggs/sausage (not that good) but the make-your-own waffles were my favorite! Several coffees to choose from and bagels as well. Overall, a great way to start the day.

The bedrooms were comfortable and spacious as well as the bathrooms. Nothing spectacular in the room but they are clean, neat and comfortable which is the most important thing. What was especially nice was the option to choose your pillow firmness. People may not realize this but each bed has 4 pillows thrown onto it. It you test each pillow they have different hardness. Some are extremely soft while others are firmer. I wish more hotels would do this! Also, some of the rooms have air purifiers in them, which is another great little touch. The only downside was that they could be a bit noisy in you leave them on medium or high speed but when put on low, they were totally quiet.

Overall this was a great hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. I am glad you liked the pillows I know I have a hard time sleeping without the right one. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

AmericInn Management & Staff

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!