“Nice hotel - odd layout” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Nice hotel - odd layout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Besides almost getting lost in the hotel - our experience was great! There are 2 buildings , one with 3 floors and one with 4 - they are right next to each other but not connected. We had to move between buildings to do laundry and joked that since we were on the 4th floor, we had to go down to the first, switch buildings and then back up to the 3rd, visa versa and repeat several times. Got some exercise :).

The staff were extremely and helpful and even though the hotel was packed - we could not hear any noise. I stay in several courtyards across the country and hands down the breakfast staff was the most friendly and most helpful of any location .

It was a great experience.

Stayed March 2014
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. I believe this review should be for the Courtyard Riverfront in Bradenton. Our property is all one building and everything is centrally located.

Michael Ridgewell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am often traveling to this area. I always pick this hotel even if it isn't the closest to the area I am working. Jane at the bistro is amazing. She is such a caring hard working woman that really cares about her customers. When a person travels weekly for a living it is so nice to come back to the my hotel and be greeted with smile as soon as I walk in. It really makes a traveler feel comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
What a great review. Thanks for recognizing our bistro staff and the great job that they do. I have passed your comments on and look forward to you staying with us again.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

On a recent road trip we were planning on visiting the Ringling Bros Museum in Sarasota and happened upon the Marriott and decided to stay overnight. The staff could not have been more accommodating and the room was clean and comfortable. The included breakfast selection was more than adequate and the price was very reasonable. It is also very convenient for anyone visiting the Ringling site or for anyone flying in/out of the Bradenton Airport. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your high recommendation. We are very lucky to have such great attractions right close by. Please stop in and stay with us on your next trip to the area.

Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay because of its location near the airport. Upon registering at 8:30 PM, I learned that there is no shuttle service until 7 AM; since my flight was departing at 7 AM. that obviously was not going to work for me. I was told I could take a cab or walk. Ordinarily, I wouldn't hesitate to walk, but I was told there were no sidewalks and because of the time change, it would still be dark outside at 6 AM when I needed to leave the hotel. Silly me, I neglected to ask the question about shuttles because I always leave on early flights and never before has the issue come up about not having early shuttle service available. Since my 7 AM flight out of Sarasota was totally full, I know that others travel that early as well. Now this might not seem like a big deal, but I am an older woman traveling alone, so for me, it was a big deal! Sorry to complain because the hotel is really nice otherwise.......obviously a great location at the airport, lovely rooms with all the amenities, comfy beds, and some other amenities that I noticed but didn't have time to utilize. So, fellow traveler, BEWARE of the shuttle situation, and if it's not an issue for you, by all means, stay at the Courtyard. Personally, I think the price of over $200 warrants an early shuttle if needed! PS, the cab ride takes 3 minutes at the most and costs $4.00 plus tip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
I am glad you found our property to be a nice one. Our shuttle runs daily from 7AM- 11PM. I apologize you did not receive this information until check in. Glad you found the taxi ride to be quick, easy, and inexpensive. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Portland, ME
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for a quick trip. Very close to airport and country clubs (if you like that sort of thing). Lots of mall shopping and chain restaurants.

Outdoor hot tub was very nice, but rather over-chlorinated. Towels were somewhat soft, and at least they matched!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor spa. We also have a heated pool that our guests enjoy. Our pool is service several times a week and is in compliance with the Health Department standards for chemical balance. We hope to see you again soon on your return to the Sarasota Area.

Oxford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

When after two nights we could not be accommodated at our first choice hotel, I remembered we stayed at this Marriott during its remodeling phase and enjoyed the stay. Glad they could take us in at the last minute, and the facility was immaculate. No beach here, but certainly every other amenity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Welcome back. I am glad we were able to accommodate you when your other plans fell through. We are one of the closest Marriott properties to the beach as well. Glad you found we had everything you needed.

Vero Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Marriott Courtyard Sarasota Airport is always the best value in Sarasota during high season (January-April). Stay here for less than $175.00 including tax. As always receive the great service and consistency the Marriott family of hotels provide. When I am splurging and traveling with my wife here in Sarasota we stay at the Ritz Carlton (out of season). On business, by myself this Courtyard is my home away from home over here. The location is across the street from the airport and one half mile to my favorite Italian Restaurant here Primo's. I should know this place by now. I have stayed here at least 30 times in the past few years. Always good never an issue.

If you want a snack or a small casual meal, the Courtyard has a small menu of good items for breakfast and dinner in their Bistro. I generally get the Granola and Yogurt for breakfast and the Asian Chicken Salad for dinner. They also server Starbucks coffee and have a beer and wine bar.

When in the Bistro say hello to Jane. She is an additional reason I enjoy staying at this Courtyard. Jane never forgets a name and always is interested in short chats with you about your trip and stay and your family. We can't forget Vickie in AM for breakfast. Vickie has been here as long as I have staying here. Vickie always has a great smile and does everything she can to get you just what you want, like a perfect egg ,she cooks herself. You won't be disappointed staying at this Marriott Courtyard.

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floors.