“Personal service.” 4 of 5 stars

Limassol, Cyprus
“Personal service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great stay, so far!
Special thanks to Jennifer, at the reception, who upon our arrival, when we needed to call our friends to let them know we had arrived, was asked if she could place the call for us on the hotel's land-line; as our cellphone had ran out of battery. When she realized that our friends' telephone number was a long-distance number, she said that she could not use the hotel's land-line to place the call. Without a second thought, she used her own personal cellphone and placed the call for me! This is what I call service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing Jennifer & the service she provided to you on your recent stay! I have posted your review in our employee breakroom so everyone can read it. I was so happy to read that she provided you with Residence Inn Service So Memorable! We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ames, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Honestly, the rooms in this hotel are nicer than my apartment. There was a refrigerator and dishwasher in the suite! There were also dishes to use, and a full size coffee maker. I only stayed for a short time (two nights), so I didn't get full use out of all the amenities, but they were abundant. I stayed here for a reunion in which my expenses were paid, so this is not a hotel that I could have otherwise afforded, but it really was very nice. There was complimentary breakfast the Saturday and Sunday mornings I was there, but I'm a late sleeper, so I can't comment on the breakfast options. I know they at least had bagels. This hotel is close to the airport, and has a shuttle that will take you there. It is also near the New College Campus, which is gorgeous. I stayed on the first floor, so this wasn't an issue for me, but don't think there was an elevator to the second and third floors. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review! I'm happy to read you enjoyed your suite which does include a fully-equipped kitchen. This is a great perk for our extended stay guests. Next time you stay with us I hope you'll partake of our excellent hot breakfast buffet. To clarify on your closing comment, we do have an elevator that services the 2nd & 3rd floors. Hope to welcome you back again!
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting the Ringling Circus Museum. The location is very convenient, less than 5 miles. We shared a two bedroom suite with relatives and found the rooms to be immaculate and very comfortable. The hotel sponsored a free bratwurst beverage dinner in the courtyard and pool area. The server was great..wish I could remember her name. Tom, the desk clerk was very gracious and helpful. We enjoyed a free hot breakfast, one of the best we've experienced in this style hotel. When you add in the free meals, it really was an inexpensive stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us! We greatly appreciate it.
You are correct, Residence Inn has so many amenities included in your nightly rate, that it makes an excellent choice. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and evening social. Come back and see us!
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Overall this hotel was very nice and very clean, but the hallways had an awful smell similar to that of animal urine. The smell was so bad that I couldn't help but notice it every time I had to walk down the hallway. On the contrary, the room itself had a very pleasant smell and was very nice, modern, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally clean absent of the shower mildew that is often found in hotel bathrooms. The only drawback to the room was the noise that can be heard from other rooms and the outside traffic. The walls connecting the upper and lower rooms must be really thin because we could hear the footsteps of the people staying above us all night long; it sounded like they were stomping and running for many hours into the night it was quite bothersome. My last complaint is that after exiting the pool and spa my family and I were very itchy, it felt like we had just finished rolling in attic insulation, not sure the reason for the itchy feeling, but it was quite bad. Other than these few issues the hotel was quite pleasant, the staff was very welcoming and the breakfast provided in the morning is wonderful. However, even though the hotel does have some nice accommodations I don’t think we would stay here again. There were just too many issues present that would cause me to stay at a different hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the odor in the hallway, as one of our 4 legged guests did have an accident on his way outside. We did clean the carpets as soon as it was brought to our attention and the hallways are back to smelling just as pleasant as the rooms. I was happy to read you found our accommodations clean, staff welcoming and that you had time to join us for breakfast. I hope you will give us another chance to restore your faith in us. We'd love the opportunity to serve you again.
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The suite was exceptionally comfortable and clean, and we were really happy with our stay. The included ibreakfast was really extensive and good. Our only complaint was that the walls were a little thin, but it was quiet all ngiht.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, I agree we do offer a great breakfast ;-)
Hope you return to stay with us again soon.
New Fairfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week recently on a business trip. I checked in at about noon when my flight landed - then went to the office and came back at around 6pm. Tried going into my room only to find another family in there. Front desk gave me another room. The rooms are nice - clean and spacious and everything in the room worked well. But, while lying in bed I could hear the conversations in the room next to me. The wi-fi network was just horrible - basically unusable for my entire stay. Unless I connected at 6am when most people were still asleep it was unbearably slow or would simply disconnect. The fitness center has 2 treadmills, a stairmaster and some dumbbells but the room was so small there was really no room to use the dumbbells. Not a great place for a business traveller.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you experienced an issue with check-in. We regret those rare occasions when we fail our guests and don't provide a problem-free stay. I wanted to let you know we just completed a GPNS internet upgrade which corrected the wi-fi issue you experienced. We were in the process of having the upgrade approved when you stayed with us. It was completed May 1st and the signal is strong. We are very greatful to offer this upgrade to our guests. I understand your feedback on the size of our exercise room, however it is the standard size for our 78 room hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you on your next business trip to our area. We value your business and hope to renew your faith in Residence Inn Sarasota. Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Residence Inn offered three things that are very important to me when staying at a hotel: cleanliness, affordability and excellent customer service.

I found my room and the entire hotel to be immaculate. The room was very pleasant and quiet. It was set up like a studio apartment, complete with a full kitchenette, including appliances and cooking utensils. The bed was comfortable, with very clean bedding. Overall, the room was a good size, very clean and comfortable.

Every morning the hotel provided a hot breakfast, which was included in my stay. They offered a large selection of choices for everyone. Also, a couple times during the week, a light dinner was provided for guests (at no additional charge) in the main reception area. There was a different theme each time and the meals were complete with beverages and dessert.

As an added bonus, the entire staff was great. During my stay, I had interactions with all levels of employees, which included management, maid service, food service and front desk. Everyone was very friendly, respectful and helpful. Great customer service was provided at all times. As an added note, I wanted to acknowledge that one particular employee, Judith, did an excellent job keeping up the breakfast stations and made sure that everything was very clean and neat. In addition, she provided great service, greeted customers every morning and was very pleasant.

If I had to address one thing that needed room for improvement, it would be the wi-fi connection. I was not able to connect my laptop with the internet connection. In this case, I was provided with a number to call for help with the problem. Not a big deal.

I was very happy with my stay at the Residence Inn. It was in a great location, safe and close to the airport, shopping, restaurants, attractions, beaches, etc. Overall, the hotel offered all the comforts of home, at an affordable price. I would definitely recommend the Residence Inn and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I'm so happy to read you enjoyed all the comforts of home here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. It is our goal for each guest to experience Residence Inn Service So Memorable and it makes our day to know we did this for you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as your feedback is so important to us and our future guests.

Been to Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton? Share your experiences!