“"Clean rooms, but smelly hallways"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Sebring, Florida
“"Clean rooms, but smelly hallways"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Overall this hotel was very nice and very clean, but the hallways had an awful smell similar to that of animal urine. The smell was so bad that I couldn't help but notice it every time I had to walk down the hallway. On the contrary, the room itself had a very pleasant smell and was very nice, modern, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally clean absent of the shower mildew that is often found in hotel bathrooms. The only drawback to the room was the noise that can be heard from other rooms and the outside traffic. The walls connecting the upper and lower rooms must be really thin because we could hear the footsteps of the people staying above us all night long; it sounded like they were stomping and running for many hours into the night it was quite bothersome. My last complaint is that after exiting the pool and spa my family and I were very itchy, it felt like we had just finished rolling in attic insulation, not sure the reason for the itchy feeling, but it was quite bad. Other than these few issues the hotel was quite pleasant, the staff was very welcoming and the breakfast provided in the morning is wonderful. However, even though the hotel does have some nice accommodations I don’t think we would stay here again. There were just too many issues present that would cause me to stay at a different hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the odor in the hallway, as one of our 4 legged guests did have an accident on his way outside. We did clean the carpets as soon as it was brought to our attention and the hallways are back to smelling just as pleasant as the rooms. I was happy to read you found our accommodations clean, staff welcoming and that you had time to join us for breakfast. I hope you will give us another chance to restore your faith in us. We'd love the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The suite was exceptionally comfortable and clean, and we were really happy with our stay. The included ibreakfast was really extensive and good. Our only complaint was that the walls were a little thin, but it was quiet all ngiht.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, I agree we do offer a great breakfast ;-)
Hope you return to stay with us again soon.
New Fairfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week recently on a business trip. I checked in at about noon when my flight landed - then went to the office and came back at around 6pm. Tried going into my room only to find another family in there. Front desk gave me another room. The rooms are nice - clean and spacious and everything in the room worked well. But, while lying in bed I could hear the conversations in the room next to me. The wi-fi network was just horrible - basically unusable for my entire stay. Unless I connected at 6am when most people were still asleep it was unbearably slow or would simply disconnect. The fitness center has 2 treadmills, a stairmaster and some dumbbells but the room was so small there was really no room to use the dumbbells. Not a great place for a business traveller.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you experienced an issue with check-in. We regret those rare occasions when we fail our guests and don't provide a problem-free stay. I wanted to let you know we just completed a GPNS internet upgrade which corrected the wi-fi issue you experienced. We were in the process of having the upgrade approved when you stayed with us. It was completed May 1st and the signal is strong. We are very greatful to offer this upgrade to our guests. I understand your feedback on the size of our exercise room, however it is the standard size for our 78 room hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you on your next business trip to our area. We value your business and hope to renew your faith in Residence Inn Sarasota. Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Residence Inn offered three things that are very important to me when staying at a hotel: cleanliness, affordability and excellent customer service.

I found my room and the entire hotel to be immaculate. The room was very pleasant and quiet. It was set up like a studio apartment, complete with a full kitchenette, including appliances and cooking utensils. The bed was comfortable, with very clean bedding. Overall, the room was a good size, very clean and comfortable.

Every morning the hotel provided a hot breakfast, which was included in my stay. They offered a large selection of choices for everyone. Also, a couple times during the week, a light dinner was provided for guests (at no additional charge) in the main reception area. There was a different theme each time and the meals were complete with beverages and dessert.

As an added bonus, the entire staff was great. During my stay, I had interactions with all levels of employees, which included management, maid service, food service and front desk. Everyone was very friendly, respectful and helpful. Great customer service was provided at all times. As an added note, I wanted to acknowledge that one particular employee, Judith, did an excellent job keeping up the breakfast stations and made sure that everything was very clean and neat. In addition, she provided great service, greeted customers every morning and was very pleasant.

If I had to address one thing that needed room for improvement, it would be the wi-fi connection. I was not able to connect my laptop with the internet connection. In this case, I was provided with a number to call for help with the problem. Not a big deal.

I was very happy with my stay at the Residence Inn. It was in a great location, safe and close to the airport, shopping, restaurants, attractions, beaches, etc. Overall, the hotel offered all the comforts of home, at an affordable price. I would definitely recommend the Residence Inn and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I'm so happy to read you enjoyed all the comforts of home here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. It is our goal for each guest to experience Residence Inn Service So Memorable and it makes our day to know we did this for you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as your feedback is so important to us and our future guests.
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Located just south of the airport, and only half a mile east of the Ringling museum, this is a great hotel. Breakfasts are good, and the rooms large and comfortable. Friendly staff. Free parking. Only about 4 miles to downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We are centrally located to all the great attractions Sarasota has to offer. Come back and see us soon!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I had to stay in Sarasota for 4 days on an unexpected non-vacation medical stay. As always our preferred stay is at a Residence Inn. The hotel was very accommodating and the staff excellent. The room was clean and had all of the necessary utensils to cook with. This is important to us. We had to leave our home with very little notice and I forgot my IPad charger. I was going to buy one but decided to check with the desk clerk to see if they had one. Really didn't think they would but gave it a try anyway. When we asked the desk clerk he said he didn't think so. Instead of leaving my request at that he said that he would see what he could do. Well, low and behold, about 5 minutes later he came back with a charger that we could keep for the duration of our stay. Now that is customer service. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Customer service is our passion and I'm happy my guest service representative was able to provide you with an ipad charger for your stay. I forgot my charger on a recent trip and know how important they are with today's communication. Thank you for staying with us!
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel. The suites are of the smaller Residence Inn types- but certainly comfortable. Breakfast was very standard- the same "institutional -type food every day but certainly a good way to start off. There were a couple of evening "social" hours and the food was nice and plentiful. The staff was very accommodating. The location is good for Sarasota and environs.
The hotel is skimping on housekeeping- not vacuuming but every 4 days, not replacing lotion, shampoo, soap, dish detergent (available on request at the front desk- but why should they have have to be asked!). Complaints did not get hoped-for response. For the price we expected better service in this area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast & social and that my staff was very accommodating. Being that we are in extended stay hotel our housekeeping service is set up differently than non-extended stay hotels. We offer a daily refresh and the 4th day a full clean and then back to a refresh, etc. I apologize that you found this service lacking. We would have been happy to provide you with additional service. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you once again on your next visit to our area.

Been to Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton? Share your experiences!