“Clean rooms & bathrooms, good kitchens, but noisy, bad wi-fi & gym” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
New Fairfield, Connecticut
“Clean rooms & bathrooms, good kitchens, but noisy, bad wi-fi & gym”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week recently on a business trip. I checked in at about noon when my flight landed - then went to the office and came back at around 6pm. Tried going into my room only to find another family in there. Front desk gave me another room. The rooms are nice - clean and spacious and everything in the room worked well. But, while lying in bed I could hear the conversations in the room next to me. The wi-fi network was just horrible - basically unusable for my entire stay. Unless I connected at 6am when most people were still asleep it was unbearably slow or would simply disconnect. The fitness center has 2 treadmills, a stairmaster and some dumbbells but the room was so small there was really no room to use the dumbbells. Not a great place for a business traveller.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you experienced an issue with check-in. We regret those rare occasions when we fail our guests and don't provide a problem-free stay. I wanted to let you know we just completed a GPNS internet upgrade which corrected the wi-fi issue you experienced. We were in the process of having the upgrade approved when you stayed with us. It was completed May 1st and the signal is strong. We are very greatful to offer this upgrade to our guests. I understand your feedback on the size of our exercise room, however it is the standard size for our 78 room hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you on your next business trip to our area. We value your business and hope to renew your faith in Residence Inn Sarasota. Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Residence Inn offered three things that are very important to me when staying at a hotel: cleanliness, affordability and excellent customer service.

I found my room and the entire hotel to be immaculate. The room was very pleasant and quiet. It was set up like a studio apartment, complete with a full kitchenette, including appliances and cooking utensils. The bed was comfortable, with very clean bedding. Overall, the room was a good size, very clean and comfortable.

Every morning the hotel provided a hot breakfast, which was included in my stay. They offered a large selection of choices for everyone. Also, a couple times during the week, a light dinner was provided for guests (at no additional charge) in the main reception area. There was a different theme each time and the meals were complete with beverages and dessert.

As an added bonus, the entire staff was great. During my stay, I had interactions with all levels of employees, which included management, maid service, food service and front desk. Everyone was very friendly, respectful and helpful. Great customer service was provided at all times. As an added note, I wanted to acknowledge that one particular employee, Judith, did an excellent job keeping up the breakfast stations and made sure that everything was very clean and neat. In addition, she provided great service, greeted customers every morning and was very pleasant.

If I had to address one thing that needed room for improvement, it would be the wi-fi connection. I was not able to connect my laptop with the internet connection. In this case, I was provided with a number to call for help with the problem. Not a big deal.

I was very happy with my stay at the Residence Inn. It was in a great location, safe and close to the airport, shopping, restaurants, attractions, beaches, etc. Overall, the hotel offered all the comforts of home, at an affordable price. I would definitely recommend the Residence Inn and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I'm so happy to read you enjoyed all the comforts of home here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. It is our goal for each guest to experience Residence Inn Service So Memorable and it makes our day to know we did this for you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as your feedback is so important to us and our future guests.
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Located just south of the airport, and only half a mile east of the Ringling museum, this is a great hotel. Breakfasts are good, and the rooms large and comfortable. Friendly staff. Free parking. Only about 4 miles to downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We are centrally located to all the great attractions Sarasota has to offer. Come back and see us soon!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I had to stay in Sarasota for 4 days on an unexpected non-vacation medical stay. As always our preferred stay is at a Residence Inn. The hotel was very accommodating and the staff excellent. The room was clean and had all of the necessary utensils to cook with. This is important to us. We had to leave our home with very little notice and I forgot my IPad charger. I was going to buy one but decided to check with the desk clerk to see if they had one. Really didn't think they would but gave it a try anyway. When we asked the desk clerk he said he didn't think so. Instead of leaving my request at that he said that he would see what he could do. Well, low and behold, about 5 minutes later he came back with a charger that we could keep for the duration of our stay. Now that is customer service. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Customer service is our passion and I'm happy my guest service representative was able to provide you with an ipad charger for your stay. I forgot my charger on a recent trip and know how important they are with today's communication. Thank you for staying with us!
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel. The suites are of the smaller Residence Inn types- but certainly comfortable. Breakfast was very standard- the same "institutional -type food every day but certainly a good way to start off. There were a couple of evening "social" hours and the food was nice and plentiful. The staff was very accommodating. The location is good for Sarasota and environs.
The hotel is skimping on housekeeping- not vacuuming but every 4 days, not replacing lotion, shampoo, soap, dish detergent (available on request at the front desk- but why should they have have to be asked!). Complaints did not get hoped-for response. For the price we expected better service in this area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast & social and that my staff was very accommodating. Being that we are in extended stay hotel our housekeeping service is set up differently than non-extended stay hotels. We offer a daily refresh and the 4th day a full clean and then back to a refresh, etc. I apologize that you found this service lacking. We would have been happy to provide you with additional service. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you once again on your next visit to our area.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed 1 night post cruise - property was easy to find and very clean and well decorated. Free breakfast was very good with lots of variety. Every evening they have a different event in the lobby for guests - ours was a wine and cheese gathering - very nice touch after a long day. Room was very nice with a pull out sofa bed. Only drawback was that there was only one bathroom. Staff was very professional upon check in, and the great service continued in the morning with checkout and pointers on how to get to our next destination. Nice pool but we did not use it - also a nice fire pit for the chilly winter evenings in Florida. Very pleased and we would stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: 1st floor is convenient - but you may have some additional noise from the lobby and pool areas.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It makes my day to read you'll be back to stay with us when in Sarasota! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast options and our evening social-The Manager's toast. On your next visit you may want to reserve our two-bedroom suite which does offer an additional bathroom. Thank you for staying with us!
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

this residence inn is first rate. We have been winter visitors for 5 yrs, gradually extending the length of our stay. The staff is efficient, very friendly and go out of their way to be as helpful as we wish. The turnover of staff is low and it is like coming home. The past two years' stays were plagued by pre-existing orthopedic problems. A wheel chair was available for our use. Extraordinary needs were supplied graciously. The daily full breakfasts and 3 evening theme based meals were excellent and most appreciated. We enjoyed having a full kitchen to prepare the meals when we chose to eat in the unit. The Inn is close to many activities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It is always a pleasure to welcome back our extended stay family! We look forward to having our seasonal guests return each year. Our goal is to provide each guest with Service So Memorable and it makes my staff and I so happy to know we have taken great care of you.
Can't wait to see you next year in good health!

Been to Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton? Share your experiences!