“Very helpful staff, breakfast was very good” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Tampa, Florida
“Very helpful staff, breakfast was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Rooms were nice and front desk was helpful. We were there for IMG soccer cup they were very accomodating for our team

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. We always enjoy hosting sports teams and are happy to read we accommodated your team well. We hope to host them again on their next tournament in Sarasota.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orange City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

There was ALWAYS someone at the desk to help us, answer questions, and offer suggestions for local restaurants. We were in town for the soccer cup at Lakewood Ranch. Easy commute to LR and downtown Siesta Key & Longboat Key. The room was excellent! The bed is awesome! The flat screen televisions were in the LR and the BR... Very convenient! Excellent wi-fi wireless reception in the hotel... And it's FREE! Breakfast isn't a typical free continental breakfast, no sireee! Full breakfast with fresh waffles, hot scrambled eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, bagels, and so and so on and so on.... Bottom line: if you're looking for comfort, amenities, free breakfast and nightly hot food, wine, and cold draft beer... look no further! Great job renovating, Residence Inn management - great job!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
I wanted to thank you for your posting! What nice things you had to say about your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton! It means a lot to our ENTIRE team that you took the time to share your experience with us and other potential travelers. I read your review to my team during our morning huddle today and it was much appreciated.

We welcome you back and look forward to serving you during your next stay!
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed with my family for several nights at the Residence Inn. The hotel was in the midst of a renovation, but it wasn't terribly noticeable for the most part. The room was nice, and as you probably are aware with Residence Inn you get a kitchen and living area. So even though I was in the smallest type of room, it was very large and had a lot of amenities. The location on University Parkway is convenient to both downtown Sarasota and the Lakewood Ranch area, and even though it is across the street from the airport, I never heard a plane (the street traffic was the source of the noise issue). There were some aspects of the stay that I did not find so favorable. The curtain pulley string was pulled out of the curtain halfway across the floor and I kept hoping housekeeping would tend to it as it was a strangling hazard for my toddler son. I was in an exterior room close to the street and the exterior door never seemed to lock shut- even though there was a card reader to get access, we were able to walk in without using the hotel room card, which wasn't very reassuring from a safety point. The biggest problem was reflected in another recent review. We were checking in the hotel shortly after 8 pm and NO ONE was around. It was 35 minutes until someone appeared, people were looking all over the grounds for an employee. I called the hotel from my cell phone and the hotel desk phone just kept ringing and ringing in front of me. I called Marriott 800 customer service and they were trying to find someone. Even though the hotel is undergoing renovations (and no renovations appeared to be happening at that time) there is NO excuse to leave the hotel unmanned and leave guests stranded in the lobby. I have never had that experience in a hotel before.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I'm happy to read you enjoyed your studio suite during your recent stay. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed to read the remainder of your review, which stated the side entry was not locking and my front desk attendant was not to be found. I assure you I am reviewing both of these issues and will have them corrected immediately. Our goal is for you to feel secure & comfortable and I regret that we failed to provide that for you. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please contact me directly at the hotel for future reservations.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

It's been some moments during our stay where we couldn't find a single person working in the hotel for hours. They were leaving the hotel literally deserted after 8PM. Dogs were barking from other rooms till morning and the pool was always dirty. Due to their ongoing renovation we had our breakfasts in a temporary room with plastic party plates and plastic utensils if we were lucky to find one.

Room Tip: Check the noise of the AC of your room after you check-in. Some of them are crazy noisy to sleep wit...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sarasota. We were undergoing lobby renovation when you stayed which resulted in our breakfast & social offerings to be relocated to guest suites as not to eliminate these amenities for our guests. The lobby has completed its renovation and all is back in order and a nice experience for our guests. I will be looking into the issue of my front desk attendants unavailability. We do have 24hr desk coverage, so they may have been assisting another guest at the time, but I will review this and ensure it is corrected. Thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

DH and I recently moved to the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We needed a place to stay for several days prior to closing on our new home. Since we have multiple pets, we needed both a pet friendly place AND one that did not require us to be in the room with the pets the entire time.

Many years before, I'd stayed at a Residence Inn for THREE months with my then two cats. So, we turned again to RI and were not disappointed.

The room was very comfortable and relatively quiet (a bit a noise during the day since renovations were going on throughout the property). Our pets were most definitely welcomed. There is no limit on the number of pets and there was only a $75 charge (which, incidentally, they neglected to charge us!) They give you a magnet to put on the door to let the maids know there are "four legged guests" inside. Since we had cats and did not want them to run out the door, we simply kept this and the do not disturb magnet on so no one ever entered our room (we can make our own bed).

Yes, the breakfast was very nice as was the free wine/beer/food reception every night (with the exception of one night when there were some rowdy construction workers in there). The front desk staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations. And, the free wi-fi was a plus.

Pricier than a Red Roof Inn or some other (supposed) pet friendly place? Yes. BUT the rooms are far superior, there are the complimentary drinks/meals and you are not required to stay in your room with your pet the entire time. This makes the extra moolah well worth it, in my opinion.

And, for those readers of this review who do not have pets and are concerned about other pets being a nuisance, let me assure you that, although we saw other pets (including dogs), we did not hear any barking nor did we see any sign of them (e.g., pet waste) anywhere on the property. I think folks who travel with their pets who are willing to pay over $100 a night for a room are the types who are responsible pet owners.

Hopefully we are done moving/hauling our pets around BUT there's no doubt we'd return to this inn if need be and will recommend it to anyone we know that is traveling with (or without) pets.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. I'm so glad to hear our accommodations met your needs and you were able to enjoy our extra amenities. We enjoyed having you & your pets as our guests! Now that you're a local resident of our beautiful city, we hope you inform your family and friends visiting you to stay with us on their trip. Take care
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our family stayed here for 2 nights. We used this as our home-base
to drive to Siesta Key and Anna Maria Island for the beach. Free breakfast in the morning.
Siesta key was nice also but my favorite hands down is Anna Maria. Crystal clear
blue water. The drive took us around 40 minutes but no big deal... Parked near the Sand Bar restaurant which is on the beach, convenient
for lunch time...
Next time will be staying longer. Loved the Lido key, Longboat key, Brendenton
and Anna Maria areas for beaching.
There is a great circular shopping area in Sarasota with some really great restaurants.
(forgot the name of it)
Also, the front desk was very helpful. When we were there, they were renovating
from the top. We were on the second floor and it never affected our stay....
We will be back!

Room Tip: 1st floor is usually for pets - i ask for upper floor...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to hear you'll be back! I'd have to agree Anna Maria Island is my favorite too. I feel like I'm on vacation when ever we head there on the weekend. I love the Rod & Reel restaurant on the pier and there are some great little shops. We look forward to your next stay and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton.
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Pros: The meals during the week, along with beer and wine, waffles at breakfast, extras at breakfast, close to Lido beach, great staff.
Cons: Needs updating, chemicals in pool or hotub were off making our skin irritate, plastic forks at buffet at times.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton? Share your experiences!