“Amazing value and Large Pet Friendly with no fees” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1803 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34234   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Amazing value and Large Pet Friendly with no fees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I would chose this motel in a heart beat even if I did not need a pet friendly stay. I was amazed at the quality and now I know why they were booked at 95% capacity in the middle of the week off season. The recently renovated hotel was bright with gleaming wood floors and nice overhead lights/chandeliers which created a very welcome foyer to guests. All staff members were friendly and pet lovers. A special thanks to Keith, behind the desk, for his warmth and information on the surrounding area. Rooms were very large with a couch, small refrigerator, microwave, desk, very nice bathroom (the shower had hot water with a great strong shower head). The refrigerator and closet could be concealed with curtains if desired.

No motel restaurant, but a nice little minimal complimentary breakfast area with coffee, waffles, boiled eggs, bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc. Across from the parking lot was a Sub way so food was within a walk to the parking lot. I walked my shepherd quite a bit in Centennial park and another smaller and closer park. One could drive to town in about five minutes.

When I called ahead to inquire of their pet policy, the woman answering exclaimed, "We love them"....this panned out to be the truth! No fees and no deposits for pets-when I called Indigo, down the road a bit, they had a non refundable $150 pet fee per stay!

Definitely the best value of any hotel that I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sarasota FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

After our stay at the Valdosta La Quinta this is a bit of a let down but only because last nights stay far exceeded our expectations. Pet friendly and we are so happy our long trip cross country is over. A few nights here and then we can move into our new home! The suite is nice but no door for the bedroom so a bit loud and the only AC is in the bedroom so the living room is a bit warm. Breakfast so-so but anything is welcome (and it's free!). I would highly recommend this hotel; especially if you are traveling with pets.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Don't understand the Spring 2010 Review. Just returned after a 5 day stay there. Granted it was "off season" but the accomodations were excellent! Very clean, an accomodating staff,great pool area. Location...SAFE. Didn't encounter one bug!
Negative: NO sit down restaurants in the area even for a decent breakfast . Need to DRIVE to Bradenton or go Downtown....only fast foods available in area.
Hotel directly on 41 South. Stay off 41 between 3P til 7P. Traffic speeds like the Autobon.....reckless,discourteous drivers. Maybe the "Fla. lifers" are tired of the Tourists!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Positives: Complimentary breakfast, front view window, Cable, adequate free parking, fridge, microwave, pool.
Negatives: 1. Shocking loud alarm system testing in rooms & halls, without warning during the first half hour of arrival in my room 4 times. 2. a roach crawling up my room wall. 4. Stain covered carpet & couch. 5. Not one bottle opener in the entire hotel when I asked for one. 6. Mattress too soft, caused back pain. 7. One day in seven, room not cleaned, bed not made, trash not emptied. 8. Female desk clerks had terrible customer service skills, males were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
N/A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised and added one more day to our stay in Sarasota. We booked on Hotwire and priced out at around $60.00. It was a gamble and we won. We normally do not book hotels less than a 3.5 to 4 star rating. We were within minutes of St Armands, downtown Sarasota and biking paths. I hope La Quinta Sarasota keeps up the good work.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hallowell, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

After a lot of research on this hotel, I felt pretty comfortable staying there based on the wonderful reviews of this hotel. I was traveling to Sarasota with my family to attend a spring training game. We were looking for something that we could stay for one very short night. We checked in and immediately went to our room which was on the 2nd floor. The second we walked in the room had a terrible stale odor. We opened up the windows to try to air it out. All I can say is that it looked, smelled and felt like a hotel that was perfect for spring break kids. My entire family looked at me with silence. They all said they did not feel comfortable staying here. I have an 8 year old son, 5 year old son and my husband. We left for lunch and decided what to do. We usually try to stay in Courtyards or Residence Inn's but we decided to try this hotel. When we returned from lunch, I told the front desk clerk that we were not comfortable staying here and I wanted to cancel my reservation. He asked why and I told him I just wasn't comfortable. The hotel room was dirty, smelly and very low quality. They canceled my reservation and did not charge me even though we had already checked in. I would look for other hotels in the area. And the waitress at lunch told us that that part of town wasn't very safe. I would not recommend this hotel even though many have said great things about it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Wyandotte, Mich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My wife and I (with our puppy) stayed for three nights before our month on Anna Maria Island. Everyone was friendly, the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The furniture was deco and reminded us of old Florida. Thank You for making our stay feel warm and welcome!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!