“Surprisedly nice, pets welcome” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1803 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34234   |
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Coastal Alabama
“Surprisedly nice, pets welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I normally don't stay in La Quinta hotels, because of lack of quality. This hotel was pretty nice and I'd stay there again without a second thought. We had suite 410. The room was a good size and clean - cleaner than I thought it would be by a long shot. There were only two downfalls to our room. The first was the fact that the AC leaked causing the floor on the that side of the bed to be wet - soaked. We were there a week and I did report it only once in passing with our friendly housekeeper, no one showed to address it (now this could be because we kept the do not disturb sign in almost constantly). The other issue was that there was a huge wasp nest outside the window. If we had wanted to open it, we would have been attacked for sure. I thought it would have been nice to open the window to take some clear pics but didn't attempt since the nest was there. The staff was super friendly. Breakfast for me left a lot to be desired, but it was a nice setup for continental style. I had yogurt, while waffles were the choice of most others. There's a Subway next door so a quick meal is easily had there. Pets are welcome here so if you don't want to take the chance that some dog will be barking all night, you might want to ask for a room where no pets are staying nearby (we had no issues with the rarely heard barks). The decor is a bit outdated (to me), but overall this was a nice hotel and we'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Staff was sooooooo nice, rooms were some new art deco stuff but very open feeling, not a stuffy room.
The location was great to go anywhere and very close to beach.
Breakfast staff was some of the nicest ever.
If you travel with your pups like us, this is one of the better La quintas

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

We stayed here on our way through the US in summer 2009. This Hotel did look very nice from outside and was conveniently located on Tamiami Trail. And we did have some good experience with another La Quinta before, so we checked in here.

And it was a really good choice. Staff was nice and friendly, the check-in and -out was fast.
If you travel by car you'll be only a few minutes drive away from St. Armands Circle or Siesta Key and its beach. On the way you'll also pass the big kissers statue...don't miss it!
The room itself came at a good size and was really clean....no smell in the room too. There also was a comfy couch. Fridge and microwave in the room too.

I really can't say anything negative about it... it could have been a little cheaper I guess, but it was high season and we didn't have any coupons...still affordable. I sure would stay here again.

Wanna know more about my trip? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
cape coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I went for vacations , is very nice Hotel , good Location, and clean
The Staff very nice and the coffee in the morning so Good !!!
I recomend to a ny one is a chaim the Hotel no have balcony .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I routinely stay at La Quinta's throughout the country and RARELY encounter problems but wait until you read this!!! I stayed one night on 6/4/2009 and returned home on 6/5/2009. After coming home and showering, I felt a little itchy and had THREE body lice attached to my chest, shoulder and torso!!!!!! In the room, I laid down on the comforter without a shirt and they must have been on there. I know hotels launder the sheets after each guest but they rarely, if ever, launder the comforters. If someone checked out around 10am and I checked in around 3pm, the lice would still be alive and flourishing on the comforter. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Let me clarify. My wife and I went down to Sarasota house hunting.

We picked the La Quinta because I have a membership and they are usually good.

This hotel also was good, in a great location close to Downtown Sarasota with nice room and in a comfortably safe feeling neighborhood.

However, what disturbed me is this is the first hotel that I've been in that had more animals (honestly, they were on leashes) in it than I would like to see inside.

In other words this hotel except pets. If you are a pet lover that's fine. However, if multiple types of dogs roaming through the lobby bothers you. Or if you have allergies. Or if you worry about pet attached little bugs, then this is not the place for you.

I'm honest to say I am not into pets being that close to me when I travel. Also, they are not allowed in the dining area. So again, the hotel is fine. But be warned!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

My wife & I were very happy with our stay. It was a short drive to the beach @ Siesta Key. The staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was more than your average continental breakfast.

Room was very clean, and we would easily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!