“Garment stolen” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Garment stolen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We left a brand new $100 sport jacket in the closet and when we called the next night the response was "It wasn't turned in."

We think Hampton Inn is a very good chain but this was a disappointment. We think with a little pressure on the staff the jacket would have turned up.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We have strict lost and found procedures in place to make sure all items left behind are properly stored and accounted for as they are left behind on premises. We'd love to hear back from you directly to see if we can help you locate your item. Please contact the General Manager, Janet Moussa, directly at the hotel (941-371-1900)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

GPS could not find hotel easily. Needs bigger pillows for the king beds. Breakfeast was full and had a variety.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Thank you for your comments. I will pass on the word to the Breakfast staff that you enjoyed your breakfast experience with them. Hope that we can be your hotel of choice on your next visit back to Sarasota.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

I was in the Sarasota area visiting family, and was originally a little unsure about my decision to stay at the Hampton Inn after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. However, I was very impressed by the courtesy and helpfulness of the front desk, breakfast servers, and housekeeping staff. While this is certainly not a full service property, staff were always willing to help and were very friendly. The rooms appeared to be recently renovated with new bathroom vanities, soft beds, and LG 42" LCD TVs. Rooms were also very clean. The exercise room was a little on the small side but had new StarTrack equipment.

Breakfast service is minimal, but certainly fulfilled my expectations for this hotel. Overall, very satisfied with this hotel and plan to return should travels take me to Sarasota.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

As a silver member, I was probably expecting a little more than what I experienced. Although the overall experience was great, I was not happy with a few things. I did not complain to management as I thought they were insignificant, but the more I think about it, the more I think I should have said something. To start, the room temperature was way too hot and although you can control it from the thermostat inside the room, it doesnt register and goes back to the 'green' temperature of 74*; too hot for Florida! Then I traveled down to the jacuzzi and was dissapointed when the jets that make the bubbles did not work. My bed had stains on the sheets, and the bathroom smelled like urine. Because I was 'getting away' with my wife for the weekend from the kids, it was relaxing, but now that I look back, I was not completely satasfied.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I had a great experience at this hotel, i stayed here for 3 nights and everything was great i had an issue with some tour busses which park in the rear of the building who would leave there engines running for long periods of time but this is not the hotels fault. The rooms were clean the staff was great, breakfast was very good and the hosts were very attentive, i had no problems whatsoever in this hotel and wished i could stay another 3 nights! The outdoor pool was closed a lot for repairs/cleaning but when it was open it was very nice and clean. when in the area i will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2009
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

This particular hotel has been the worse ever. The front desk personnel were very nice, and check-in was fast. However, as a solo traveler, I would prefer not to have my room at the end of the hall. It would have been helpful to have known the location of my room at check-in. The bed was very comfortable, but the room was dusty. Nice décor in room. The breakfast attendant was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I am sure I will not be staying at this hotel again, and will definitely not recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

How disapointing this hotel was. Not like most Hampton Inns. The staff was not helpful, the rooms were not very clean and if you want to swim forget it, the pool was dirty. I will say the breakfast was good and that staff was very nice. Even when we checked out 4 days early they could have cared less.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge? Share your experiences!