“Stayed for Wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burleson,Texas
“Stayed for Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Booked this Hotel to attend wedding in Siesta Key. Very nice Hotel. Had a quiet room on the 5th floor. Arrived late at night and was given great advice where we could go for late dinner. Brought leftovers back, but realised we had no frig. Called down to desk and they brought one up in about 5 mins. Great service. Had one glitch one day when we went out for site seeing at 9:30 am, housekeeping was right outside our door. Said "Good morning" to them and they could see we were carrying camera bag and rolling out a daybag so it was obvious we were heading out for day. Got back to Hotel at 4:30 to get ready for Wedding and our room had not been cleaned. We got ready and went back out into hall at 5:15 and everyone was gone. On way out reported to desk our room had not been cleaned and requested towels. we had them in room when we got back, so at least they took care of that. Overall, Hotel is nice and VERY convenient
to local site seeing. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel to stay at if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable stay while in Sarasota. Rooms are spacious and the free breakfast was a plus. Very convenient to I-75. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here over Easter weekend and found it to be very clean, great location and had no complaints at all....so glad that the Hampton Inns offer smoking rooms complete with a air filter ....a little pricey tho....the room had a small refrig, micro and very comfortable beds...the free breakfast was good. If you are looking for a hotel close to i75 in the Sarasota area.....I would recommend this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Typical Hampton Inn in most circumstances but, bar none, one of the noisiest hotels I've ever stayed at. I barely slept the one night I stayed there. You could hear people a floor away when they were brushing their teeth. The elevator & room doors clanged open & closed all night, w/the sounds of toilets flushing in the background- just miserably noisy.

The staff, w/the exception of the breakfast crew, were less than stellar too. Upon checkout, the desk personnel never engaged me w/any questions or a morning greeting, never even made eye contact w/me.

For $125 a night, I expect better from H/I.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise issues you encountered. Your comments will help us to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel has a very high usage level, probably due to its location and the Hampton Inn reputation for providing good value for money. However the hotel appeared tired to me, in need of some refurbishment and in particular, in need of a real deep clean. The bathroom area around the toilet smelt of urine all weekend and this was nothing to do with me or my partner's bathroom habits......housekeeping needs monitoring clearly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Chicopee, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I came to this Hampton Inn on business in Sarasota. This is another good, clean and well-staffed Hampton Inn. The check in process took 1 minute. Everything was clean and where I expected. The room was clean, and their bathrooms are always the best - lots of space, nice tile and clean. I have been in "newer" Hampton Inns but this one was still quite nice.

The location is good for this side of Sarasota. Something to keep in mind if you are not familiar with Florida is that "10 miles from the ocean" really translates into a 30+ minute drive. Excellent restaurants, stores and pharmacy very close to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello Scott H.

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Sarasota I75 Bee Ridge. I am happy to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and we are proud of our staff and hotel on what it provides to guests like you. We hope that you soon have the opportunity to retun and again thank you for your kind review.

Regards
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Here is the thing you have to know about Sarasota, all the hotels are very expensive, flea bag motels, or off of I75 (very far away from every reason to go to Sarasota). This one is close to the bridge to Siesta key, and is a decent price or decent quality. The intersection is very busy, but there was no road knows in our room. It is a hotel that is set up with rooms facing out, and hallways that are outside. There are restaurants nearby, but you have to cross a busy 4 lane road, so not really walking assessable. Overall, if you cannot afford a pricey hotel or are not the flea bag motel type of person, this is a solid option, but there is nothing special about it. Also, they made we wait to check in even though I arrived after 5pm. That makes me a little angry.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize for the delay at check-in and we know after a long day, you just want to settle in and relax. We've reviewed your comments with our team and will utilize them to continue to improve our services. Please let us know if you have any other comments or suggestions and we hope to see you again.

Regards.

Been to Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge? Share your experiences!