“Initial Shock.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Initial Shock.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Have you ever walked into a hotel for the first time and experienced a sinking feel in your stomach? This is how I felt. The room was small with dark walls and a very small window. The bed was a sea of lumps. True the room was small with dark walls and a very small window, but the bed was very comfortable and the lumps were limited to the duvet which was freshly laundered for each new guest. The room was clean if you chose to ignore the little bit of mold in the bathroom. The free breakfast was very good. The front desk staff were efficient but not overly friendly. Clearly this hotel needs a good paint job to brighten it up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Hello Twytz,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are reviewing your comments and will share with our appropriate staff members. We have just completed a FULL Lobby Makeover making into Hampton's Perfect Mix Lobby and our guests have loved the end result. We'd love for you to come back and experience it for yourself. We are glad that you did enjoy our beds and breakfast. We hope we have the opportunity to re earn your Loyalty the next time your travels take you to Sarasota.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

You can't go wrong by staying at the Hampton Inn (I-75 & Bee Ridge)! The rates are modest (even during "season"), the rooms are nicely appointed, and you just can't beat the free breakfast. Be sure to look for Rosie in the breakfast---she's a real treasure!

Room Tip: At one time or another, we've had a room on each of the floors, on either side of the building...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Thank you so much for you kind comments on the Hampton Inn. We love having you stay with us. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. Rosie is an absolute treasure to the hotel and has been with us for almost 15 years. Comments like yours remind us why we love the hospitality business. Looking forward to your return.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We decided at the last moment to stay in the Sarasota area and called the Hilton Honors reward line that morning about using reward points. They were very helpful, provided us with the information we needed, and faxed our information to the hotel. Checking in was easy with helpful staff at the front desk- and great free cookies for hungry travelers! This is a convenient location off of I-75, easy to drive to downtown Sarasota. The hotel was one of the nicest Hampton Inns we've stayed in- very attractive and clean. A good choice, with or without frequent traveler points.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Hello Jill1207W,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and I will share your comments with our staff. We appreciate that you are letting everyone know what a great experience you had with us. Hope to see you visit again soon.
Lakewood, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We chose this hotel based on the TA reviews and it lived up to the accurate reviews. Lots of pluses in our room (#202). Our king-sized bed had 4 pillows; since my husband is allergic to feathers, we were delighted to find 2 of them were clearly polyester. And good quality--soft but not too soft. The lightweight poly-fill comforter was a superb option--not as heavy as a blanket and good at adapting to body temperatures. The bathroom was large with lots of counter space. The non-slip surface of the tub/shower was excellent--not too rough but just enough texture to avoid slipping. The showerhead was high, which was great for my 6'3" husband. The dark-activated nightlight was a nice touch and much appreciated. The breakfasts had lots of options, including1 hot egg dish (although the scrambled eggs were a bit grainy and not my favorite) and 1 hot meat option (bacon, sausage) each morning as well as baked goods, instant oatmeal, fruit, and juices. Several choices for coffee too and plentiful single-serving containers of half and half as well as all 3 artificial sweeteners (saccharine, aspertame, sucralose). And the warm cookie at check-in, after a day of plane and car travel, was such a treat.

Only a few slight negatives. When you sat on the foot of the bed, it made a strange metal sound--kind of like a sheet of metal you'd use to make a fake thunder sound. We were grateful that no such noises occurred when lying on the bed though. The temperature (regulated by a convenient wall thermostat) fluctuated 3 or 4 degrees from the temp we set. The AC was rather loud when it came on; we would often have to turn the TV up to be able to hear whatever we were watching. We had no luggage rack in our room, so we put one of our suitcases on a desk, just to keep it off the floor (bedbug fear unfounded). We didn't ask for a rack; it's possible one could have been provided for us. No small refrigerator, although I don't recall seeing that one was listed on the Web site for this room.

All in all, a pleasant 2-night stay. We will definitely stay here on our next bi-annual visit to Sarasota.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear ztsipapu,

Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn Sarasota on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your comments and I will share with our staff. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed most of the aspects of your stay, and I promise you that I will look into all your other comments as well. We truly hope to see you in the near future when your travels bring you back to Sarasota.
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Hard to find unless you are coming off I-75. Sits back behind shopping center. Good location and close enough to all things Sarasota. Garmin got us close but could not see it from the direction we were from--driving east. Adequate in all ways.

Room Tip: back side away from I-75
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Hello Yahootraveler64,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for one night. The hotel is clean, quiet, and the rate was fair. The breakfast was good. No major thrills, just a good decent place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello OrlandoTraveler32814

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and shared your comments for all to see. Kind Regards.
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My wife and I Stayed here for two weeks in January. The most outstanding thing about this hotel was the frienliness & helpfulness of the staff. The breakfast was more than adequit. Our room was very clean. The location was very convenient to I-75. Even with the closeness to I-75 the room was very quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Hello Schulteg0

Thank you for your kind comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please think about us next time you are back in Sarasota. We would love to host you again.

Been to Hampton Inn Sarasota - I-75 Bee Ridge? Share your experiences!