“A little hard to find the front of the motel at first...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key

You added Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key to your Saves list
Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5774 Clark Road, Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Niagara Falls, Canada & Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

For the price of the room, very nice place to stay, clean room, very comfortable bed.. Only thing wrong, a bit confusing to get to, sits behind gas station, but no signs out on road to direct you, that is the only thing I would change...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Initially, we checked in with Megan at the front desk for 2 nights, meaning Tuesday & Wednesday. We were given room 113 and right after unpacking, the wife discovered the lavatory faucet leaking at its base, wetting the lavatory counter. She put up with this by wrapping a towel around the faucets base. Later at night, trying to sleep, we discovered the a/c's compressor would make a knocking noise everytime it would switch on. It sounded like knocking at the door, but we were so tired from driving, that our mind & bodies adapted by squelching out the noises.
On Wednesday, we again met with Megan at the front desk to extend our stay an additional 2 nights. When we were told that we would pay considerably more money for Friday night, thats when I jokingly mentioned, "You have have to be kidding?" You want to charge more for a room with the mentioned issues. That's when the Days Inn employee grew visibly irrate. She offered to change our room & said those issues were not an acceptable excuse for us to get a better Friday rate. We didn't want to move to another room and go through the hassles of packing & unpacking again. In an aggitated manner Megan said we could have our maintenance man repair the issues. (I didn't know this hotel was under reconstruction or I would of stayed somewhere else.) Seeing that she was not flexible with our rate for Friday, we decided to add just Thursday night. She proceeded to print out the forms and expressed her anger & rage by slamming down the paper & pen on the counter. Seeing this sort of treatment from Megan, we told her to go ahead an get the repairman to work on the issues. As we drove away to see the sights, not 200 feet from the hotel, we recieved a "crank call" with a very familiar voice. Obviously from a furious person that wanted to pass on their frustration and I won't go on with the details. No attempts at Customer Service were made by Megan. No attempts to contact the manager for remedies. When we returned after doing the Ringling Museum, we found the room in the same condition. No repairs were made. Noticing someone else was at the front counter, we extended our stay to include Friday night. We accepted the higher rate and kept our mouth shut to avoid irritating the 2 gentlemen we saw working at night at the counter. We didn't want to ruin our peaceful vacation by getting into arguments. We also took pictures of everything we saw wrong with the room.
We didn't expect to encounter an unemployed Ringling clown to be running her own 3 ring circus at your counter, Mister Manager. Our stay at your hotel was the worst part of our vacation in the wonderful city of Sarasota, because of one very unprofessional employee. I wonder how the city council & city inspectors would feel about the conditions of your hotel and on the treatment your employees give the very tourists that the city is trying to attract? Good question.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Edgewater, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia.com for a two day stay in Sarasota (4/3/2014 - 4/5/2014) Initially my stay was very pleasant & the staff was very kind. That is until this morning as I was getting into the shower; the "maintenance man" began sawing off the dead bolt to my room. Literally sawing it off. The front desk gave me 3 different excuses as to why they did this.. First they did not know someone was in there. Second the maids were trying to clean the room. & Third they did that because I did not answer the door or the phone. I of course checked out early, called the cops & filed a report. The manager told the officer that he has no idea how or why this happened & he did offer me an apology & a refund for tonight's stay since I opted to check out. But the woman at the front desk (I believe her name is Jennifer) yes the same women who offered me those ridiculous lies; said that this is MY Fault for not answering the phone or door when they called & knocked. She initially would NOT check me out but instead threatened to phone the police & have them remove me from the property. She then went on to check in the other guests & brushed me off as if I were nothing & this incident was no big deal. I drove to Fl from Md for my spring break & was the first of my friends to arrive & I was very afraid & physically shaken from this incident.
In my opinion this hotel is Not safe & the staff has no care for their guests.There are several other hotels in the area I advise you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key? Share your experiences!