“Great place from breakfast to close!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key

You added Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key to your Saves list
Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5774 Clark Road, Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Whitestone, New York
“Great place from breakfast to close!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights with a friend to spend time at the beach and visiting friends in the Tampa area. You get a great deal when you book three weeks in advance and also receive a discount when you stay three nights. Check in was great. They ask you if you would like a room to the front of the building or back. Your room key gets you a discount at Applebees down the block. There is a Burger King in front of the hotel and you must go through Burger Kings parking lot to get to the hotel entrance. My surprise was when we were told there was complimentary breakfast every morning from 6:30 to 10:30. Served juice, tea, coffee, danishes, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal and waffles. Vending machines on every floor as well as coin operated washer and dryers. Free wifi worked great in the room. Cable TV in the room even included 3 movie channels. Rooms were clean. Hallways did smell like cigarettes in certain areas because of smoking rooms but our room had no odor to it. The pool area was nice. There are picnic tables to the side of it. Short ride to the beach and easy access to I-75. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

For the third year, we decided to stay here for our 2 week vacation, and booked a room through Days Inn head office. What an unpleasant surprise to find the place falling apart! The only room available on the ground floor was 125. It has a connecting door to the next room. There might as well be a piece of cardboard instead of a door. This a non-smoking room. The stench of stale smoke was terrible both in the room and hallway. All doors slam shut, and they do so mostly when you're trying to get some sleep. Two light bulbs were burnt out when we arrived. They were quickly replaced. Damned if I know why housekeeping did not report this. By the way, housekeeping sucks. The bathroom floor is never washed unless requested. Dusting? Forget it. The owner, also owns the Comfort Inn next door, walked away earlier this year. There are serious management problems here. The WiFi is completely unreliable. Other than for the free breakfast and front desk staff, I have nothing good to say about this dump. It is much cheaper to use discount coupons to stay here than booking and paying in advance! They will NEVER see us here again!

Room Tip: There ARE no good rooms here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann H, Manager at Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your responce on trip advisor, I am truly sorry you had an unpleasant stay at Days Inn. Unfortunatly we were sold out this weekend and the only non smoking room available was next to a smoking room. I have addressed this with housekeeping and I as the manager will continue to monitor this situation.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When I left my home of Sarasota/Tampa/St. Pete Florida of 17 years both personally and professionally, I thought I would be returning in a couple of months. I left September 1st 2010 to help a young sister I have cared for since she was 2 days young and I was 11 years old. My mother of 5 children had gone nerve deaf. My gift to my mother and family was to learn the responsibility of family; love, compassion, and sacrifice for others, whether for a biological family or our extended family of community of country and world. I have been gone for 2 years in Charleston, South Carolina, helping my single mom, sister, and her two children to rebuild their lives. My ongoing work in mind, body, and healthcare muscle therapy and nursing continues to grow from learning experiences. I gifted my 99 year old aunt in new york, a retired school teacher of 40 years and 3 generations of teaching with quality of life , service and caring.

Little did I know, 10 weeks would go by of 24/7 care and dealing with loss of a car, no bus or public transportation. Walking country highways for daily bread and milk and mail would culminate with Hurricane Sandy and Tropical Storm Athena affecting New York and cousins in New Jersey. Even flying November 5th from Newark could have been a living disaster. Exhausted, fatigued with battered bags from US Airways, having been broken into and no place to live to call home. My answer was found in Brian Ramolia manager of the Days Inn Sarasota Airport Florida. Brian and his caring staff in all departments, understood my need for rest, sleep, and beginning personal and professional life again. My stay continues after two and a half weeks, highly recommending this special home to professional traveler, tourist, and resident of Florida seeking a SAFE, COMFORTABLE, CENTRALLY CONVENIENT, RENTAL SPACE NEAR SARASOTA'S COLLEGES, SHOPPING CENTERS, RINGLING MUSEUM, GULF OF MEXICO BEACHES.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key? Share your experiences!