I was not sure what to expect after seeing some lousy reviews. I found the hotel room to be clean and spacious. I guess I must not be able to tell if the hotel decor is updated because it didn't seem old or shabby to me. The staff we encountered was, without exception, friendly and helpful. We booked directly through the hotel website because it was the least expensive option we found. A Gulf side room was $199/ night. I didn't see anything close to that on the water in Sarasota. I may not stay here again because the nephew we visited is moving to Tampa but I would stay again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota