I recently stayed here and was concerned due to the other comments regarding this motel. It is very old, very tired and needs a severe renovation to the rooms. The bathroom was awful, the toilet seat was so low to the floor a toddler could use it with no problems. We stayed two nights and had to call the front desk THREE times for clean towels and supplies. The pool area was nice, there are two pools but they need a major makeover as the tile was cracked and dirty all around. I had wished one of the pools was for ADULTS ONLY,,,but it wasn't. The pool bar was nice and the servers were pleasant as we ordered snacks and the food was good.
Ask about "hidden fees" depending if you book your reservation through Sandcastle or use another booking agent. The fees could be resort fees or parking fees,,,ask first. The parking is very tight, the parking garage was a little dark at night too.
The BEST part of this motel,,,was the beach access. It was awesome! The resort beach staff will put up a beach umbrella and chairs for you. (Please tip them, they are nice) The gulf water was warm and we had beautiful sunsets. Another plus, the resort has a bus service (free to motel guests) to take you down to St. Armands Circle, check on return trip times. We enjoyed our visit for the most part but the resort was over priced for a run down place. Beware of all the smokers. No smoking in the rooms but sitting areas were fair game. I will go back to Lido Beach, but to a different hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota