“Awesome location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

You added Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach to your Saves list
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1540 Ben Franklin Dr, Sarasota, FL 34236 (Formerly Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel)   |
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
“Awesome location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

It was a hastle at first since my mother in law works at an affiliated location and they couldnt send over the credit card authorization, but we didnt arrive to the resort until later in the evening but it was a view of the perfect sunset, rooms were clean, and we went to the restaurant and the food was outstanding. We were right near the pool, so unfortunately we didnt get to sleep in because of children enjoying their vacation, but that was okay. We got room service for breakfast and that was really wonderful. I would totally go back to this place. Parking was great as well. A nice, romantic getaway!

• Stayed July 2014
Eddie S, General Manager at Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for visiting us at the Sandcastle Resort. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience. I will pass along to the various departments your comments regarding your stay.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future if you are planning another getaway.

Eddie S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
oswaldtwistle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our beach front room had the most amazing view from the balcony shame that we had smokers at either side of us as it though. Room very tired and not as clean as we would have liked. WiFi rubbish. On leaving we were given a bill with an extra $25 +tax PER DAY,this was a huge extra expense that we were not aware of and when we questioned it we were told that it is a resort charge. Be aware that if you leave something in your room and go back for it if the room has been cleaned you will NOT get it back. I left a favourite necklace and was told that if it was found they could post it to me. Couldn't understand why they would not get check with housekeeping for me

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
The resort fee should have been explained to you upon check-in; I apologize if it wasn't. The resort fee includes: in-room bottled, water, in-room coffee, patio games, beach games, use of lobby business center, shuttle to St. Armands Circle, free parking, free local, credit card & toll free calls, bicycle use, free wifi,beach chairs & umbrellas.

Regarding your necklace, would you please send me a description of it and I will search our lost & found. My email is: eddie.sipple@sandcastlelidobeach.com.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is an older property and the rooms aren't as lush but who goes to the beach to sit in the room? Perfect beach location! They offer complimentary beach towels, chairs umbrellas, paddle boards, noodles, bikes....the list goes on and on! The staff said we will do whatever it takes to make you happy!! and they did, Colin at the pool made sure we had an umbrella when all other tables were full. The pool is so large so its not overcrowded and the live music was spot on playing a variety of songs. The shuttle drivers were also very accommodating taking us back and forth to St. Armonds Circle. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious!

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet, they do have rooms that overlook ocean and have balconies, lower units have s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Eddie S, General Manager at Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Sandcastle Resort; we do appreciate the business. I will pass along to Colin your comments regarding his hospitality. He does a very good job on at the pool & beach.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, and hope you visit again.

Panama, Republic of Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were really looking forward to a stay on the beach, but was deeply disappointed. The hotel is terribly overpriced for the room we got, which aside from the room being old, tired, dark and small, we were given a room next to the kitchen! It was so bad, we checked out early the next day and looked for another place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the resort in June. We are working on improving the look of the resort. I would like for you to give us another chance. Please email or give me a call if I can be of assistance and have you return.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was clean but looked somewhat tired. I object to the hire resort fee and felt it was quite expensive for the stay.
The wait to check was at least 20 minutes as there was only one person on the desk. There were no lifts so had to drag suitcases upstairs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Sandcastle Resort. I do apologize for the wait at the desk; it should not take that long to check in. We do have 2 elevators on property; one for the 4-story building and 1 directly off the lobby. We also have bellmen (or any of our other associates) available to help you with your luggage should you so desire.

Thank you for the business and we hope you do return.

Preston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here on 6/7th July for a wedding which was on Holmes beach, based on other reviews we decided to be open minded, from checking in to leaving we were disappointed, management/ check in staff do not have care in the world and were more bothered about taking our card details for payment. Was not informed of the $25 a night resort fee until we confirmed our booking :( this fee was for wi fi that didn't work and water which we never received either night. We queried this on check out to be told you get charged this whether you get or want these facilities
I took a shower in the smallest bathroom we have ever been in,placed my clothes on the side of the sink only to come to pick them up covered in bleach,
Breakfast was far to over priced and luke warm for 4 of us was about $60
Opening your room door was like stepping back into the 60s all flowers on curtains, bed covers and pictures( not good)
Now for the only good point, I never seen a sunset like we did on both nights, if you decide to stay here please please book a gulf view, more money but it's worth the view THATS ALL
Our stay cost us $568 definitely not worth this amount

Stayed July 2014
Eddie S, General Manager at Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Sandcastle. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in our product nor our service.

We are working to make changes at the property in both the product and service areas, so that these types of experiences do not happen.

I do apologize for your experience. If you would like to return (or just want to share more of your experience), please give me a call.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The rooms were awful looking ...old ..the bathroom was too small, outdated and pathetic. The building and rooms appeared to be built in 1930's...the beds were so hard until I could hardly sleep at night. The best part of this hotel was the outdoor pool chairs and breakfast. After paying resort fees the breakfast should have been free. Beware ,,,you will be charged a resort fee of $25.00 per day, plus all the other taxes and fees which adds an additional $100. If you are looking for a romantic place this is not it. The water smells awful...please do not drink the water..this place looks like the old motel 6 of yesterday.

Room Tip: Upstairs beach view is better. Don't choose the courtyard view because it is way too dark at nig...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I have reviewed the comments regarding your stay here at the Sandcastle. I apologize for the dissatisfaction with your stay.

We are working to upgrade the property in different areas through the summer months; hoping to update our product as much as possible and deliver a positive experience to our guests.

Again, I do apologize for your experience while staying with us.

Eddie S.

Been to Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach? Share your experiences!