The short walk to the beach a plus. Watch all the hidden fees, especially Resort Tax. New owners took over Hemsleys and raised all the prices. Other than new shower heads, no difference. They took away the Saturday night buffet and entertainment. The singer they did have quit at 7:00 p.m??? The lunch menu is good, but limited. The dinner menu served salmon and a bisquit for $24.00, no potatoes, rice, salad or vegetables. What a rip off. When it was owned by Hemsley it was quaint and affordable. There is nothing extra for the 50% increase. For the same price you can stay at a new resort on Long Boat Key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota