I stayed with a friend at the Helmsley Sandcastle for 4 nights. We were 40 year old women looking for a budget friendly beach destination. We did not pay extra for a view so we faced the parking garage which was not a big deal to us. The room itself was your basic 2 full size bed setup. It had a newer flat screen tv and a mini frig. The decor was quite average and clean. The only thing that was a bit annoying was how much noise we could hear through our door as people walked by. The hotel room doors go directly outside and not into any hallway. The reception desk workers were for the most part very friendly and helpful. The hotel food I tried (quiche and quesadilla) was delicious! The beach location was really nice. It was an easy drive to St. Armands Circle. We rented bikes on one occasion and rode to the circle. We also went for a short walk across the rode on some nature trails. This is the kind of place that has regulars that come back year after year or even decade after decade. It is not a party hotel. I did wish that the 2 bars were a little more lively however. They were both too quiet for my taste. The two pools were nice and warm. I have no major complaints about my stay. If you want a low key hotel on a beach without glamour than this may be for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota