We had a four night stay here after a stop in Orlando. I was a little dubious about our choice after reading earlier reviews but was pleasantly surprised. It is a three star hotel, so I'm not sure why others had higher expectations, but the view is five star.
We had a little mix up when we arrived because somehow Expedia had double booked us, but Victoria at reception quickly got it ironed out for us. Our room had two small double beds but it wasn't a cramped room even with four of us and eight suitcases. We were gulf front and on the top floor so our view of the beach from the balcony was outstanding (I will post a photo or two later). We had no problem with noise and slept well.
The pool area was clean with plenty of lounges and fluffy free towels. The two pools were clean, if just a little tatty with chipped paint. The beach was easy to access and so beautiful to walk on. Each day the maintenance guy cleaned the beach of seaweed and smoothed the sand over, he also took the time to find me when I dropped my camera case walking on the beach to return it to me. Great service. Air conditioning worked well but as I like a breeze I also asked for a fan from reception and they delivered that to my room very quickly.
My one small complaint would be that the maid service was a little rough around the edges. There was some candy beside the bed from a previous visitor and it was still there four days later, when we saw the maid, she kept hinting about needing her gratuities for her holiday as if she was asking for a bigger tip, we had already left a sizeable gratuity for her each day so that wasn't appreciated.
Aside from that it was a perfect location and a good hotel for its star rating. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota