I am writing this review to inform others of my experience because I rely entirely on trip advisor reviews when choosing my options.
Upon our arrival and throughout our stay until the moment we walked out the door every single staff member was pleasant, courteous, professional and accommodating. I did get everyone's name but I would like to acknowledge Kara, Pat, Jeremy, the female bartender, the nighttime security guard, housekeeping, maintenance, and all the others working there.
We stayed here from 4/4/14-4/6/14 as a family of 7 which included 2 older adult women and 5 teens. We reserved 2 double queen bed gulf view rooms and added a rollaway to one room. We were on the 2nd floor facing the gulf and the view was exceptional.
Both rooms were newly refurbished, neat, clean, attended to early in the A.M., contained a safe and small refrigerator, an adequate sized balcony with 2 chairs and small table. There were no complaints about the room. The shower pressure was good and water did not pool in tub as others have stated. We found beds exceptionally comfortable.
The pool is of medium size, adequate, clean, well maintained, beach towels are plentiful for pool or beach, lounge chairs and few tables with umbrellas and tiki bar for drinks and food served by a nice bartender women.
The restaurant upstairs does have fabulous panoramic view of gulf. You can order breakfast either as a buffet for about 14.00 which includes beverages and eggs made to order such as omelets. or order off the menu ala carte. They also serve lunch/dinner. Good food and service from the restaurants staff Kristina, Michelle and 2 different gentleman making our omelets.
The beach is just a few easy steps right across the street and pedestrians have the right of way and people do stop and its very convenient.
Once on the sand there is a gentleman not affiliated with the hotel but he discounts price to hotel guests for rentals of nice sturdy lounge chairs and umbrella which he also sets up for you for $5 chair/$10 umbrella. Beach sand is clean, maintained and water is comfortable.
There is free and adequate onsite parking, wifi and computer/printer, courtesy luggage storage upon checkout for later flight travel and poolside freshwater showers.
When looking for evening activity it is a 2 block easy walk from hotel to St. Armands Circle which is where the eateries, ice cream, yogurt, shops are located and you can get a map of it from front desk. On the beach 2 blocks south there is a beach concession serving good fresh food and drinks reasonably priced.
I had to get urgent medical care while there and there is a walk in clinic also located at the circle available also on weekends, good to have just in case.
If this hotel is within your budget then you will be satisfied. I am looking forward to returning. I have stayed previously 3 times at their sister property next door which is also very nice but much more expensive. The same room with a kitchen will cost you $200. more per night.
Thanks Holiday Inn Lido Beach miss you and hope to return sooner rather than later.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Lido Beach
- Holiday Inn Sarasota
- Sarasota Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a barrier island, off the coast of Sarasota, The Holiday Inn Lido Beach is just steps from the powder white sand of Lido Beach and only two blocks from over 140 upscale restaurants, shops and galleries on St. Armands Circle. Featuring a sophisticated, yet 'Florida Casual' decor, The Holiday Inn Lido Beach combines the relaxed atmosphere of a beach resort with the amenities and services of a full service hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.