“Amazing view of Lido beach!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Lido beach, Sarasota
“Amazing view of Lido beach!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the Holiday Inn Lido beach, Sarasota during the end of December to early January. I must say I was not impressed at first as the hotel is somewhat older and the view (online)was slightly misleading (beach is across a 2 lane highway) but! The service? I cannot complain. I will say this a gulf view room is a MUST have upgrade if you want to stay here! The beautiful white sand Lido beach is the nicest I have seen for miles in the area! Be prepared to spend some $$$ though staying here!! The shopping is somewhat high end (think Tommy Bahama &Lilly Pulitzer) the dining is also amazing but pricey! All this is a 3 minute walk from the hotel to!! One other recommendation I would have to give is to add the breakfast to your stay. The rooftop restaurant has the best view of the green water and sunrise in the morning as well and breakfast is really good! They give you a $15 p.p allowance to order off the menu or choose the buffet. All in all I would say the room was ok...I mean this place is nestled on a gem of a beach & area...but could use a facelift for sure!! One other thing is it's about a 8-10 min drive to the nearest convenience store or Walgreens! There is not 1 place to even buy milk in the complex of about 300 stores down the street here!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Sarasota's Lido Beach Holiday Inn is in a perfect location for walking to the beach and shopping at St. Armand's Circle. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. WE did not have a refrigerator in our room, upon arrival, but asked the front desk, and one was brought to us in minutes.

Room Tip: Definitely choose "ocean view" rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Huddersfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Arriving at sunset was memorable.
On beach.
Parking easy.
Rooms under renovation and they need it. Don't get me wrong- the room was clean and a wonderful sea view but the bath had water stains, toilet bowl had been cracked and patched up and there was no room for our toilet bag beside the sink!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We appreciate your kind comments and know that we are working to improve our hotel -
We hope to share something very special very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, a few minute walk to St. Armand's circle- which is filled with all kinds of shops and restaurants. Everyone from housekeeping to customer services were very polite and helpful. Room was spacious and clean, beds were comfortable, a bit on the firmer side but the soft fluffy pillows and covers balance it all out. I believe every room in the hotel has a balcony. One side faces the ocean and the others are over the garage looking towards the town. Our room over looked the garage and it didn't hinder our experience. The hotel provides beach chairs and towels. Depending on when you head out to the beach you might have to wait around for a few minutes to get a chair but I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes. Besides the gorgeous beach across the hotel, my second favorite part of this hotel is its 7th floor ceiling to floor windowed dining area! You had a choice of either ordering off the menu or paying less than $20 and getting the buffet style breakfast. The omelette station is also a plus! Overall this hotel provided great amenities for a quiet and relaxing long weekend. I can't wait to go again!

• Stayed May 2013
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Lido Beach totally on impulse. What started at a day trip to Sarasota turned into a mini weekend break.
The hotel is excellently located, just a few minutes walk from St Armands Circle with a good selection of shops and restaurants, and just 30 seconds walk from Lido Beach.
Checking in was easy and pleasant, before going to our room we used the hotel pool, this had the cleanest water I've ever seen in a swimming pool, and a too convenient pool bar selling very good Margheritas.
Moving to the room we found a standard room rather than the family room that we had booked, reception were very helpful and upgraded us? to a suite on the top floor. Oh dear, the room was actually 2 with an internal connecting door, but was in dire need of decoration and use of an air freshner. My wife described it as a throwback from the 70's. Unfortunately despite having access to 2 bathrooms, neither shower or bath taps worked. Maintenance did get 1 up and running fairly promptly, but to be honest I can't believe that it had got to this state in the first place.
I booked this hotel using my loyalty points only, and on the basis it was free accommodation I'd feel a little guilty about giving a poor rating.
Would I recommend this hotel? Not sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and our great location. We recognize that we are in need of some updates, and are working to make our guest rooms as great as our location.
Hudson, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff and great location. Easy walk to shops and restaurants. Beach access is directly across the street. Beach chairs and umbrella's can be rented on the beach. The hotel itself is a little old and dated but I found my room and common areas to be clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you - we are pleased that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. We are working now to get our rooms and facility updated, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

SO I don't stay at Holiday Inn because i am a Marriott Brand Elite however coworkers were staying here and suggested it since it was close to restaurants and shops as well as being at the beach.I agreed to give it a try and was so sorry I did. Stayed here for the week and it was just as many others described. Dirty and run down. I have never stayed at a Hostel but i imagine this is what its like. I never walked barefoot in my room because the carpet was 'sticky' they had signs allover that they are renovating but what this place needs is a bulldozer. I am sure it was quite nice in 1971 but sees like nothing has been upgraded other than new TV's. i honestly could not get past the musty smell of this place every night i dreaded gong back to my room How a property could ever get this run down is beyond my belief. Now if you are one who does not expect much or travel very much then it might not even make a difference for you but in my younger days I can remember staying at Motel 6 some times and never encountered one that was dirty or unmaintained as this place is. use that as a frame of reference. If you just have to be near the beach Ok I get it but you will find much better cleaner and better kept choices ten minutes away that you will live in Sarasota including another Holiday Inn which is great near the airport and close enough to drive right over to dinner or shopping

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn SRQ near the airport if you need to be loyal to this brand.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We regret that you did not enjoy your visit with us. We are working now to improve our property and make the most of our special location.

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach? Share your experiences!