We stayed here Oct last year and have just booked to go again this year.
Most of the other reviews are correct, it does need a little bit of attention, but as soon as you wake up to that Gulf view you're relaxed and don't care that it isn't completely modern.
I was very concerned last year before arrival because of some negative reviews, but so pleasantly surprised.
Breakfast buffet was good and surprisingly the Mahi sandwich I ordered around the pool was amazing! Happy hour drinks were strong, and that sets you up for a nice evening stroll down to St Armands circle to enjoy food and shopping. We'll be going back to Tommy Bahamas which was a favourite of ours last time we were there (great cocktails, food and fun service).
You must get a gulf view room, makes the whole stay fantastic.
We're going back Oct this year, straight from the airport and I'm sure it will be the perfect way to start a Florida holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Lido Beach
- Holiday Inn Sarasota
- Sarasota Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a barrier island, off the coast of Sarasota, The Holiday Inn Lido Beach is just steps from the powder white sand of Lido Beach and only two blocks from over 140 upscale restaurants, shops and galleries on St. Armands Circle. Featuring a sophisticated, yet 'Florida Casual' decor, The Holiday Inn Lido Beach combines the relaxed atmosphere of a beach resort with the amenities and services of a full service hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Otel, Venere, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.