“Very Good for the Money” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Ellenton, Florida
“Very Good for the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Stayed in a non-smoking King room that had a kitchenette. Room was very clean and the hotel was well kept. Stay included breakfast with hot waffles. Pool was a good size and was kept clean. Hotel is located near the Sarasota / Bradengton Airport, and not too far from the beaches. Make sure you drive down to the Bay Front park at Marina Jacks to watch the Sun set in the evening.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Swartz Creek, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

Eight of us stayed in three rooms on October 31st and November 1st. Rooms were clean, in fact when we arrived the smell of cleaning solution was a bit much for my husband to take. We had to let the room air out. In room frig and microwave was a nice surprise. We chose this motel because it was VERY close to the Ringling Museum where we were attended a wedding. Breakfast was pretty good. Standard ceareal, bagels, english muffins, pastries and I thought it was pretty cool they had a waffle maker too.
Overall I'd stay here again on a quick trip.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

we were doing a corporate transfer to the area here and i have a small dog so finding a place that was going to allow me to be in their hotel with my pet for 6 weeks was tough. i had originally booked at the days inn next door which is a dump so i came to this property and talked the the man who was working the front desk and told him of my situation. he gave me a great rate of 300.00 per week for the entire stay. well when i came the next day to check in i went to the room and noticed that the A/C didnt work well and the room smelled badly of mold and mildew. so the lady at the front desk let me look at just about every room on the property until finally she showed me the suite which still smelled of mold slightly but the room had been remodeled and the furniture was nice. so i accepted that suite. i asked her repeatedly was there any chance that i wouldnt be able to stay in this room my entire stay and she assured me i was fine to stay in this room as long as i needed it. well the very next morning i went down and told her about the door not closing properly and she told me she had bad news. she said i would have to move from this room she promised me because they wanted to take it down for maint repairs on the jacuzzi. so of course i asked to speak to the manager who she had told me had already approved me to stay in that room and of course the manager wasnt available.

the pool and jacuzzi are very nice. only 6' deep so for us tall guys its not deep enough but it was very nice to relax in. they also have a sign out front that says free high speed internet but what they fail to ask or tell anyone is that not every room gets the internet.

• Liked — pool/jacuzzi
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wesley Chapel, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

I got this hotel on Priceline for $35.00 for the night. After reading some of the reviews, I was nervous. I saw a horrible website with horrible pictures and was scared to find out what mess of a hotel awaited us.

I must say, while not a 5 star hotel, which is clearly not what I paid for, the hotel wasn't as bad as the pictures or the thoughts that crossed my mind.

I did have two stained towels in my room, I just didn't use them. No mold on the windowsills, no bugs. The beds were clean. The room could have been cleaned a bit better, but it was not disgusting. I've been in worse. While the hotel was very busy (the parking lot was full of parked cars at night) I did feel a little unsafe because of the area. The pool and hottub were not as dirty as the pictures I saw online, but I did not use either of them.

The breakfast in the morning was part of the room cost, which at my $35.00 for the night was a nice surprise. I made my own Belgium waffle, which was really good.

Overall, I was ok with the place. If I had to spend more money for the night, I might not have been. I probably won't stay here again unless it came up randomly as Priceline hotels do.

Stayed April 2008
Springfield Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

I booked two rooms last week at the Quality Inn Sarasota Airport. They had spent a lot of money fixing these rooms up, but there were still many problems. We were suppose to stay longer than one night, but we had to leave after one night. One room the door was really hard to lock. The bathtub drain did not work so we couldn't use the shower. TV was snowy. Other room drain leaked on sink. Shower curtain full of hair. Refrigerator did not work.
Breakfast was good. Air conditioning was great. Pool was very nice, and the Staff was very nice. We felt unsafe in our rooms. Police showed up at hotel next door. Hotel front door was kept locked at 4 PM when we arrived and had a protective glass window. I felt like I was at a bank. Guess they have had too many robberies. Rate was only $55 which should have told me to beware of this property. We would never stay at this hotel again. I hope they improve things. We would have asked to be moved to two different rooms, but we just wanted to get out of there. 2 on a scale of ten.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Things not working Felt unsafe.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

This motel was OK, but not as nice as other Quality Inns I've been in. The outdoor heated pool was fine, but the spa was very underheated. It had wifi, micro/frig, and breakfast of cereal, bagels, and make-your-own waffles with coffee and juice. The location is great, very close to the Ringling Estate and Asolo Theatre.

• Liked — Heated pool, waffles.
  • Disliked — Tepid spa.
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DC Metro Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

We won this hotel on Priceline for $65 a night. After reading the reviews, I was very concerned about the quality of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very professional and polite. We were arrived earlier than our check-in time, but they happily accommodated us. Our room was very neat and clean. It appears that the room recently underwent a renovation so we had nice fixtures, new furniture and new linens. The bathrooms were small and old, but it seems that they are in the process of re-doing them as well. Our light in the bathroom did go out while we were there. We reported it and it was fixed in reasonable amount of time. The breakfast bar was a real trip. It is extremely well organized and the breakfast room is very clean.

This is not a 5-star hotel and it is not advertised as such. It's a budget hotel and for the money, we were extremely impressed. We'd certainly come back and stay again.

• Liked — The staff, free breakfast,rooms, and great price!
  • Disliked — Bathroom needs an upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!