“The mold bathroom and more” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
Orlando, Florida
“The mold bathroom and more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Couldn't understand how in the world the person that cleans the room doesn't see the mold on the top edge of the shower was terrible i even took a picture of it,disgusting the carpet was filthy,you couldn't see the numbers on the alarm clock,bathroom door needed at least paint,some stains on the bed covers,etc,etc believe me I'm not a picky person the only good things about the stay was the people at the front desk and the breakfast

• Stayed July 2014
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014

First, I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding our desk staff and breakfast service. I have passed your kind words along to our staff and we thank you for the praise and acknowledgement.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in your room condition. I have spoken personally with both our housekeeping and maintenance staff and rest assured, this issue will be remedied. Our guest's satisfaction is very important to us and we thank you for your feedback so that we may further fix these issues that may arise.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please feel free to call myself to make arrangements and accommodations for your next stay. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Sarasota area.

Wesley A.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had trouble connecting my new Ipad to the motel wifi and Mr. Arfaoui tried to help me. (See my later remark about this.) Then my Garmin in the rental car was not working. Again, Mr. A helped by calling around to find out where I could exchange if for a working one and directing me to the place (Sarasota airport). It was dark by then, so that helped a lot. He was very helpful at every turn. The man speaks 6 languages. That alone makes him a very valuable employee, and his attitude was always very polite and pleasant.

The wifi connected at the front desk, but never did connect in my room; I don't know why. That was very frustrating from my point of view. Motel room adequate, breakfast fine. One cleaning lady banging loudly on several doors early in the first a.m. woke me up. I spoke to one of them and the following days were quieter. Altogether a good experience--especially from Mr. Arfaoui.

Room Tip: Quieter toward the back, away from the road. Fridge and microwave in room. Didn't realize there...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Tripadvisor.com. My team and I applaud Amine for his great customer service skills. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. They join me in thanking you for your kind words. Amine Arfaoui is a valued member of our customer service team. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Within 30 minutes of checking in, ($69.00 a night) someone knocked on my door (first level) 2 times. But now one was there when I checked the peep hole. Outside doors....Beds nice, nice pillows, carpet very dirty, fridge very cold, no bugs !! Outdated and many obvious repairs which were not painted. A woman was in the breeze way getting ice, she asked me if I needed " some stress relief"... HaHa, too funny. No shuttle service to/from airport. Breakfast ok, little round egg patties w/sausage links, waffles, cereal, toast & english muffins, coffee & juice.

Room Tip: pick another motel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear FLYBOYFREDDY,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor.com. We are really glad you enjoyed our Q Quality Serta beds and new pillows. We hope the next time you stay with us you will enjoy the other items at the Q Corner Cafe Breakfast.
I am very sorry about the carpet. I will speak with my Housekeeping Director and see why your carpet was not up to Standard. In the future if you have any security concerns please alert the front desk Immediately. We are currently in the process of updating our Hotel. On behalf of my entire team and I, We would like to thank you for you recent stay with us and for filling out a review for us on Tripadvisor.com.

Wesley Adams
Guest Relations
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Front desk staff was over the top welcoming and friendly. The place is clean and quiet. The rooms have a mini fridge and microwave which is nice. Breakfast was decent and ready to go on time.

But the beds/bed sheets and furniture are old, hot water was hard to come by in the morning and we found bugs in the mini fridge. The front desk took care of us right away and moved us. We didn't see bugs anywhere else so it was odd they were in the mini fridge.

Was told we would get $15 off each night for the inconvenience which didn't happen.

Overall didn't mind based on overall price and the staff.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Steve O,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor.com. I am Very glad that My front desk staff was top notch with a great welcoming and friendly attitude. Every guest room has a microwave and fridge, our rooms also come with Samsung HD flat screens TV's with over 70 channels. I am really sorry that our Q Quality beds were not to your standard. We are currently in the process of updating our hotel. Please contact me or Manisha P. so we can assist you regarding you recent stay with us. Thank you again for staying with us. Next time your in the area please stop by and "test drive" our newly updated hotel room.

Wesley Adams
Guest Relations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I will always return to this hotel when I'm in Sarasota, I can't recommend it highly enough. Obviously it's not a luxury hotel but the service was impeccable, good beds, good breakfast, pool, warm & friendly staff - I felt well taken care of. I needed to extend my stay in Sarasota & was there for a few weeks. I was actually sad to leave my hotel to return home...like family!

Room Tip: I had a room toward the rear & it was quiet & peaceful, important to me.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Gm_Fl317, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014

I greatly appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your praises will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services in order to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you come back to stay with us again soon.

Coxsackie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The room I was in was redone right, it had a nice one piece tub and shower unit with a high end shower head, a flat screen tv, refrig and microwave. Most important a comfortable bed and everything was clean. What was really nice is the breakfast buffet was probably one of the best included ones I have had, it is apparent who ever manages it takes pride in it. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. For the price range I was very pleased with my stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Joseph,

Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My parents and I really enjoyed our stay there it was quit. People were nice. The room we stayed in 105 it were very clean and fresh...we were welcome with a positive attitude, smile, and greeted warmly..... Thanks to Quality Inn for your welcome there. My parents felt safe and supported. Thanks

• Stayed May 2014

Kind Regards,

941-355-7091

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!