“Very comfortable bed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
concord, nc
“Very comfortable bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and comfortable clean bed. Good shower which is important. Some people staying were kinda sketchy but no problems despite hotel advertising weekly rates (ugh). Our room was just fine! "Mila" at breakfast was very friendly as were the desk clerks.

• Stayed June 2013
Gm_Fl317, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

941-355-7091

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

There's a pamphlet stating the room rates start at $49. Apparently not if you get in after hours. They tried to charge us 100+ dollars knowing we'd be in that room for literally four hours. We asked for two queen beds, and ended up with two doubles. Although rooms like that can accomodiate four adults they wanted to charge us for any guests over two. They didn't tell us how much they charged us until after they charged our credit card. They told us the breakfast was $6.99. The breakfast was pathetic and magically no charge. My husband and I was standing outside and he had his arms around me. The attendant came walking around and let us know that we needed to go inside because there is kids around and stuff..... at three in the morning.... really? The next morning we checked our credit card statement and the charges were well over $450.. this place was a freaking nightmare and we was there a total of 4 hours.

• Stayed June 2013
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Reallymad,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sarasota Quality Inn.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again. We currently offer a complimentary hot fresh and healthy Quality Inn Q corner cafe breakfast. We also offer the rest assured Q bed. Once again on behalf on my entire team we apologize.

Guest Relation Manager
Longboat Key, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This motel is located among many low priced motels , very close to the airport . We had stopped at a nearby motel, but left because of the surly receptionist . When we walked into THIS motel , we were met by an extremely friendly and smiling young lady. As we were only going to sleep there on night , and as she quoted os a great rate , we took the room.

We had asked for a quiet room near the back , and that is exactly what we got . There is a church on one side , with a big empty parking lot -- and another motel on the other side . We were at the very back , where there were only trees and bushes --- VERY QUIET.

There was a pool which we didn't use -- it had a lot of leaves on the bottom , which was strange as there were only two sad-looking palm trees around it for shade . It did have a lift for handicapped people.
Breakfast was included....it had all the usual cereals and breads , but you could also have waffles , eggs , [ powdered ?] sausages , fruit , and instant hot cereals . We wouldn't go here on a holiday , but it was OK for an overnight stay. The price was right-- the help were friendly and smiling ... makes a big difference !

Room Tip: If you want quiet... ask for a room at the back. We heard Nothing !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Omalily,
Thank you for your recent survey on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay here at Quality Inn and Suites Sarasota Airport Hotel. Our front desk staff goes through various hours of training in customer service to make sure every guest experience is top Q-Service. Our staff is very delighted to have been able to serve you during your recent stay with us. My team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry for any inconvenience our pool may have caused. Our pool is professionally serviced by a pool technician. Our Q Corner Cafe Breakfast is always one of our guest favorite amedations. Our breakfast does come with several different items including but not limited to freshly made waffle, eggs and of course sausages and so much more. I really appreciate your time filling out our online survey regarding your recent stay with us. The next time your in the area stop by and see what we have changed since last being here. we are in the process of upgrading our hotel. We currently offer 39” SAMSUNG’S flat screens tv’s with over 70 HD CHANNELS.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I will sleep in my car before I sleep at this hotel again. There is no Quality at this Inn. The room smelled like smoke upon entering the room and I had a non smoking room. There were bugs and roaches in my room crawling all over everywhere. I told the person at the front desk to have that room, 116, inspected for bugs. She seemed extremely unimpressed and not concerned about my complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

I am extremely upset to hear about your pest issue, & would like to inform you that we have changed our Pest Control Company to one that is recognized throught the nation, & the pest problem has been fixed. I will be speaking to my employees about better customer service & once again I am extremly saddened to hear about the inconvinences you went through. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We appreciate you & your busniess ! We hope to see you again soon !

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having spent the past week in budget hotels in Florida this one was OK... Just like the rest!
Room towels and bedding were all clean but there was a slight musty smell which soon vanished when the air con came on.
Staff friendly and helpful. Several loungers at the pool were broken and the pool needed cleaned of leaf debris. Breakfast was fine. Don't eat at Barnacle Bill,sl seafood a few doors up.tasteless and overpriced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gm_Fl317, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014

I would like to let you know that we have updated our Pool Furniture as well as upgrades in regards to the rooms also. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon !

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Read the reviews!! No safe in the rooms(I was told too much upkeep?!?!) so every time we leave the room we pack everything back in the car because maid service seems sketchy(had to ask for maid service on 3rd day btw. we have been taking out our own garbage and getting fresh linens from the always open MOTEL "help yourself" laundry room.

stuck here now because I booked online and they wont waive cancelation fee(not to mention I don't have another $400 to "play" with while the bank takes a week to refund that money charged already to my account) tried to use the pool but creepers everywhere(I'm a mother taking spring break with 2 young daughters)

This is the first vacation in 4 years for myself & my girls. It sucks to have spent the $100/night on this roach motel and could have paid same for Fairfield around the corner. READ THE REVIEWS!!

• Stayed March 2013

I would like to inform you that Yes we do not have in Room Safe's but we do have Safe's here at the Front Desk that any guest would be able to access with their own key that we provide them. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay But I promise if you stay with us again, You won't have the experince you had the first time. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon !

Inverness, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The room had a musky smell to it, the bed and pillows were not that comfortable, our shampoo and lotion bottles were used. The only thing that looked updated in the room was the sink counter. We did not have the breakfast or swim in the pool, so I don't know how those things were. We were in town for a spring traing game so we only stayed one night. I definetly wouldn't have stayed more than that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Brandon C,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.com. On behalf of my entire team, I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I will talk to my Housekeeping Department and my General Manager regarding your recent stay with us and to find out why your shampoo and lotion were already used. I am sorry that our Q quality serta beds and pillows weren't that comfortable. I hope you enjoyed your spring training game. One of my manager will be contacting you soon regarding your recent stay with us.

Guest Relations

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!