“Pleasantly Surprised.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Kilkeel
“Pleasantly Surprised.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had read reviews prior to my stay and to be honest, wasn`t expecting much. However, having by this stage stayed in various Florida motels of mostly poor standards, I found this one to actually be quite good. Staff were chatty and welcoming. Room was very clean - a rarity in Florida motels, and the breakfast was easily the best `motel` one I had during my trip. Pool was clean too and very welcome in the 90 degree heat. No sign of the `ladies of the night` referred to in previous reviews - no matter how hard I looked ;-) Great base for the `Ringling Museum` and reasonably short driving distance to Siesta Key Beach - the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life - I`m 50 and a travel agent. All in all a good accommodation choice if travelling on the Tamiami Trail through Sarasota.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear, ColinKilkeel

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate your kind words, it’s great to hear when someone enjoys our hotel as you have. We are very proud to be so closely located to both the Ringling Museum and the beautiful beaches that Sarasota has to offer and I’m so glad to hear you got to enjoy them both!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again next time you find yourself in the Sarasota area.

Guest Relations

941-355-7091

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

When we get there room look like it was meddile of controccion and smell a cigar. We have go to front desk and they change room for us this want was better but no frige. But good break fast and good location.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Jsnow06,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our rooms and breakfast service. Since your last stay, we have upgraded our rooms so that now every room has a refrigerator and microwave.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the initial introduction to our hotel through a less than adequate room, though I am very happy to hear that was easily remedied. We have spoken with our housekeepers to ensure that they are properly trained to prevent something like that from happening to anyone else.

Guest Relation

ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Frayed carpeting, a taped up fiberglass bath tub, and a family of baby spiders emerging from the telephone key pad. These are the offerings of the motel, yet the place was booked up. We left the very next morning.
On the plus side , the bed was clean and comfy and the man at the check in was pleasant enough.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear linnieOntario

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations at the time of your visit. Since you stayed with us, we have updated our rooms, including new carpeting and phone systems. We have spoken with maintenance to ensure that a situation as you experienced with the bathtubs is not to be experienced by anyone else.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to prove ourselves and provide you with a Quality experience. Please feel free to call us and discuss making a reservation and how we can best accommodate your next vacation needs.

Guest Relation

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at 11:45pm and had to stand in the foyer as the lobby was locked. Handed my credit card and id through a slot (signal that this is a rather unsafe neighborhood). Didn't get into my room till 12:30 because there was a man in front of me who had to go through his wallet to find a credit card as they don't take cash after 111pm. If I didn't have a reservation that couldn't be cancelled, I would have left immediately. Got to the room which had a stale mildew smell but was okay for how tired I was. I won't be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Posted pictures misrepresent this hotel. Carpet was reasonable, but rest of room was very dated. Old TV, old furniture, old drapery, old bed but was comfortable, rotting base board in places. Fortunately, room was reasonably clean and no bugs seen.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Millsboro, DE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Room was clean but in need of a lot of repair/renovation....mirror in bad shape...big gap around door...shower fixtures had mildew inside them....toilet so old the porcelain was looking nasty..and TV was very old and not in good working order. Pool area was in need of sprucing up, also. Called the condition of the room to the attention of the gal who checked us out and she made excuses about it going under new management 7 months earlier and seemed to feel that was an okay reason for the room to be in such bad shape......but I don't agree with her. New management should have done more in 7 months! Other personnel were very pleasant and included breakfast was okay, but I would hesitate to stay here again. If I'd known, I'd have gladly paid a bit more and stayed elsewhere in the area. I do not consider this hotel anywhere near to the standards we have experienced in all other Choice Hotel properties in which we have stayed...and we have stayed in many.

Room Tip: Until it is renovated, I'd say stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

good place to stay at the airport. The price is right and the people very helpful. I would stay there again. Breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!