My husband and I just got back from our trip to Lido Beach Resort. We decided to take a long weekend for our anniversary. We had read good things about the resort, so we decided to book it. Per the Lido Beach Resort website, their normal rates for a King room are about $260/night however we were able to book a rate of about $160. We travel a lot, so have expectations for a $260/night room. Obviously, that is not the rate we paid, however this is the rate that they advertise on a regular basis so they likely are able to get that during certain times of the year. In fact, their rates generally run from $260 - $500+. At any rate, we were expecting something very nice and instead got something very mediocre. Our room was clean, which was a bonus, but very beat up and run down looking. The curtains are nasty, the walls are all marked up, lots of dings in the woodwork, nasty old looking bedspread I really didn't even want to sit on. It just looked tired and worn. I will say they are located on a beatiful beach and have a decent pool area. The walk to the St Armande circle is nice and easy to do. We had breakfast in hotel and it was not very good. Everything tasted like it had been sitting around awhile. On our first morning there, we thought we would talk to the concierge to see if she could help my husband with some golf or recommend some good local restaurants. She was not only unhelpful, but her reaction was that we were interupting her though there was no one there but the two of us and she was talking on her cell phone. Her advice for golf courses when my husband said 'do you have any recommendations or know of anyplace with deals?' was 'Not really, we'll just have to call them and find out.' There are lots of local golf courses and we had never been there before, so you would think she might have a few recommendations or at least note some of the most popular - but nothing. For restaurant recommendations her response was 'there is a book with the menus - you can look through that.' Now I have been to numerous hotels all over the country and we generally will use the services of a concierge - particularly when we are somewhere we have not been before. I have never been anyplace where the concierge was as unhelpful and uninterested as this one was. Needless to say, we did not ask for any more help. So, our vacation was great despite the hotel, not because of it. If you stay here (in the main building - I can not speak for the neighboring tower though it did look nicer) you are paying for the location, which is great - not for the room or the service or the food. From previous comments, I know the manager will likely provide a comment saying he/she is sorry for my experience and will work to make changes etc., but the truth is you only get one chance to make a good impression and we were not impressed. Times are hard for everyone and money is tight. While spending $150-$200 a night may not seem like a lot to some, it is and we work hard for that and have certain expectations as to what that price tag should provide from experience at other hotels and resorts around the country. We will come back to the area - it is gorgeous, but not the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota