“Great stay, staff was excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Lido Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   700 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Tampa, Florida
“Great stay, staff was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed a night at this resort over Labor Day weekend. As busy as it was, we had a great stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I'll thank two staff members by name. First, Alexa, at the front desk, immediately found us another room when I was unsatisfied with the first one we had. I booked a King Junior Suite room with a Gulf view. Our first room was on the third floor, directly behind some palm trees, and way too close to a noisy pool. Alexa moved us to the sixth floor, no questions asked. I really did appreciate her willingness to make us happy. The room was very clean, quiet, and well-appointed. We had a private balcony that was great. The property is older, so the rooms show some signs of wear in a few spots, but are still very nice. The next staff member to really make our stay perfect was Gilbert, who I believe is in housekeeping. My wife needed a phone charger for her cell phone. The gift shop had them, but was closed. Gilbert was at the front desk when we were asking if they had a charger. He took our room number and personally found us a charger to borrow. This seems small, but, to me, it really points out his drive to have a satisfied guest. He went out of his way to get us what we needed. The property sits right on the beach and has two great swimming pools and three or four hot tubs. The beach is great. There's also a shuttle to St. Armand's Circle, which is full of shops and places to eat. I will definitely stay at this property again in the future. I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

Room Tip: Book a Gulf-view room in the south tower. Request a room on the 4th floor or above in the south tow...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Lido Beach Resort and two of our many wonderful associates. I am very pleased they made a positive impact during your time here. We certainly look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all..Alexa and Ibrahim are amazing!!! Alexa was very nice and accommodating to our needs and Ibrahim the manager took care of us very professionally !!
We stayed at The Towers and I think that makes a difference. Our view was breathtaking ..the room was very clean and very spacious . We had a balcony and the view was just wonderful!! The beach is great!! The water is sooo clear that you can see fish swimming around you. We loved it!!

Room Tip: Choose the Towers..high level floors!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing a couple of our outstanding associates. They will be pleased you mentioned them by name. We appreciate your feedback and patronage very much!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room at the hotel was fine-nothing special but clean and comfortable. We had a great view of the beach and spectacular sunsets every night. We ate at the top floor restaurant as well as at the cafe across from the front desk and both were very,very good. Great, friendly service too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed at Lido Beach Resort as part of our mini vacations. I planned everything since it was his birthday and I wanted to surprised him. We loved our stay. Everything was perfect. We had dinner in the restaurant and the service and the food were amazing. They even gave my boyfriend a complimentary desert for his birthday. The rooms are spacious. We stayed for one night in a deluxe room with no view but the other two remaining nights we stayed in one of the junior suits in the 11 floor. I have no words to express myself about the view from that room. Very romantic, comfortable and conveniently located, close to St. Armand circle.
The bad reviews are not that bad when you have the opportunity to enjoy such a beautiful sunset from the balcony of the room or laying in one of the beach chairs.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Susan the concierge. She played an important role making our stay perfect. We definitely would love to go back.

Room Tip: Definitely a Junior Suit. This kind of rooms worth every penny it costs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Happy belated birthday to your boyfriend! Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful experience. I will certainly let Susan know you mentioned her as well.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for a week in August. My wife tripped on a mat that was bunched up leading to the rest room at the pool. She fell, bruising her arms, head and knee. The pool staff gave her ice for her bruises. The hotel had maintenance fix the mat, clearly they were at fault. We filled out an accident report but we never heard from the Hotel Manager at all regarding this incident. I would not recommend this hotel based on their service. We plan on notiying the Opal Collection company for this terrible experience. I'd also like to mention, be wary if you bring kids to this hotel. There were several guests smoking at the family pool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. I understand my Assistant General Manager reached out to you, as I have been on vacation, to make some amends for the issues you cited. I trust he has made things right at this point. If this is not the case, please feel free to contact me directly. I want to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback so we may continue to improve our facility.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I visit Florida every other year to see family, but decided to try Lido Key for the first time this year before our family time. If you are looking for a hotel directly on the beach- you got it. If you're looking to stay in your room and hang- what's wrong with you?! Don't be discouraged by some reviews, this is not the Ritz but def worth every penny. We opted for a basic room and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to our "view less " room and had a perfect sunset view of Lido Beach! (Room 400-420 are facing the pubic beach next door) The room itself was pretty basic- king bed and walk in shower. Bathroom is small but again, we didn't choose the hotel based on the bathroom-
There are two pools (kids/adults) both have bar service. The beach is right through the gates and has plenty of chairs for it's guests.
The drinks are about average for a resort, however there is a happy hour with half price drinks from 5-7 daily.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. Check in and out was a breeze- even when we asked for an extra hour at check out to enjoy the beach a little longer.
It's pretty common for resorts to have a daily usage fee- $25 seemed on the steep side but wouldn't deter us from staying again. Free wi-fi would be nice!
The only major downer was that the pool bar doesn't open until 11ish- some of us like a mid-morning cocktail! :)
Overall, if you can over look the slight wear and tear of a hotel with a great location- lido beach resort is it!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of the Lido Beach Resort. I appreciate your feedback on the entire property both positive and negative. Wi-Fi is included as part of the resort fee throughout the property so I apologize if there was an issue. The tiki bar hours, may need to be revisited, so thank you for the suggestion. We certainly look forward to your return in the future!
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have seen a lot of changes since the selling and re-selling of this property over the last 25 years. The location is spectacular! The waves break nicely, lots of shells, beautiful pool area, and so close to wonderful shopping and dining at St. Armands Circle. But the bathrooms in the suites are severely outdated and even smell. The wood trim in the kitchen area breaking away. The sliding glass door to the beachfront porch would hardly move because the stripping is probably old. They also no longer rake the sea-weed every morning like they used to on the beach. Talking to people walking the beach, I could have rented a condo 2 doors down for 2 weeks for what I paid for 5 nights. Not staying here next time will be so difficult - it feels like home! But the value is just not there any longer.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the junior suites if you can! Beautiful view of the beach and the ability to cook in...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for your patronage over many years. We certainly want to keep you coming back. We are continually making changes and updates with the entire property. If you would like, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss those changes and any other issues you would like to talk about! My goal is for your continued patronage for the next 25 years! I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!