My boyfriend and I visit Florida every other year to see family, but decided to try Lido Key for the first time this year before our family time. If you are looking for a hotel directly on the beach- you got it. If you're looking to stay in your room and hang- what's wrong with you?! Don't be discouraged by some reviews, this is not the Ritz but def worth every penny. We opted for a basic room and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to our "view less " room and had a perfect sunset view of Lido Beach! (Room 400-420 are facing the pubic beach next door) The room itself was pretty basic- king bed and walk in shower. Bathroom is small but again, we didn't choose the hotel based on the bathroom-
There are two pools (kids/adults) both have bar service. The beach is right through the gates and has plenty of chairs for it's guests.
The drinks are about average for a resort, however there is a happy hour with half price drinks from 5-7 daily.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. Check in and out was a breeze- even when we asked for an extra hour at check out to enjoy the beach a little longer.
It's pretty common for resorts to have a daily usage fee- $25 seemed on the steep side but wouldn't deter us from staying again. Free wi-fi would be nice!
The only major downer was that the pool bar doesn't open until 11ish- some of us like a mid-morning cocktail! :)
Overall, if you can over look the slight wear and tear of a hotel with a great location- lido beach resort is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota