“Girls vacation!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Boston, Massachusetts
“Girls vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my sister and 14 y/o niece. After reading a few reviews on this place I was a bit nervous as my sister is a hotel snob. We stayed for a full week in a one bedroom. I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was the perfect location right on a gorgeous beach! Beach chairs were free and the staff was super friendly. One day we went to the beach late and all the chairs were taken. We asked if there were more chairs and they got them for us right away. While we were at the beach there were two people who needed medical attention and the staff were super nice and eager to assist in any way possible. Several reviews said this hotel is severely out of date. I would agree that they could use some updating but I didn't feel it was overwhelmingly out of date or unclean. The only two negative comments I have about this place is that the room service and restaurant menus are very limited. They should add some new items and give a bit more variety. The other complaint I had was that the "pull out sofa bed" was a dilapidated tiny twin size mattress. The mattress needed to be replaced badly. Thank god my niece is tiny because I don't think any adult could fit on it and it was uncomfortable. They definitely should replace them and opt for a larger size. If booking here I would be cautious of using the sofa bed as a sleeping option. Other than that, I think this is a great place for vacation and I would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. It sounds like you certainly enjoyed your "girls vacation". I appreciate your feedback and will work to address the issues you mentioned!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Collingwood, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The location does not get better than this. Right on the water of the best beach in Florida. Soft white sand, clean warm water of the Gulf. No need to go to the Caribbean. It's perfect if you like a nice quiet stay with romantic views of the Gulf and stars at night and all the lights along the shore. The location is off the beaten track on the Lido Beach. Most of the action takes place on the circle of the little village about 5 minutes away where all the restaurants, bars and shops are located. The hotel offers beach umbrellas which are so important because there is no other shade. The hotel staff is very friendly, courteous and super helpful. I needed a new book to read and the gal behind the front desk gave me a huge box of books to look through. And I really enjoyed the food in the cafe. It's perfect if you like it quiet and romantic.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a sea view with balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
We certainly strive to ensure satisfaction and it sounds like we achieved that with you. Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a nice stay, as usual at the "sandcastle". Of course there were some noticeable changes since our last visit......but we were so pleased to see some familiar faces. One person we look forward to seeing is a server named Lynn. She just always seems to be enjoying her job, her customers----she actually remembers people and wants their experience to be great.
A fun person makes a good meal great.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, however, I believe you may be reviewing the wrong hotel. We would love to have you stay at the Lido Beach Resort though, if you would ever like to change things up!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I've been there 3 times during Thanksgiving and I highly recommend it. The view is amazing. The beach is perfect, nothing beats sitting there and watching a perfect sunset. So many dolphins swimming. Amazing. The pool is alright. Food and drinks are good. I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation! I agree, we certainly have some of the best views in Sarasota! I am glad you have been able to see some of the wildlife as well!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My sister was married last weekend in Sarasota. While she wasn't married at the Lido Beach Resort, there were a block of rooms for the wedding guests. My whole family and all wedding guests stayed there. From the reservation process through the stay and until checkout, everything was nice. There was only one hiccup with our room after we checked in. However, after a call to the front desk, they quickly moved us (including our luggage) to another room without hesitation. Their beach is great, the Tiki bar is fun and St Armands is just around the corner (they have a free shuttle bus). We ate at the cafe several times and the service/food were good. Overall, my family and wedding guests loved their stay. Thank you Lido Beach Resort!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Congratulations to your sister on her marriage! Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and are very happy all of your guests had a nice stay with us!
Danville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

we stayed in the 'short' side- 4 floors. I presume it was older than the 'taller ' tower. It was a plain hotel room with a small mini kitchen. totally unremarkable. but the poolss were cool and the bar at the pool was great. beach was nice with beach chairs and towels. water was clear and carribean blue! The restaurant on top of the tall tower was excellent! The bar customers had a view of the sunset but we were at a table that didn't have that view but did have a nice view of Sarasota. service was excellent. everyone was very nice to me and my guide dog.

Room Tip: ask for the taller tower. at $250/night, our room in the short tower was overpriced.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am pleased to hear both you and your guide dog enjoyed your stay! We certainly look forward to seeing both of you in the future!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days at lido beach resort. It was very pleasant!! We were a party of 5 plus a baby and it was very smooth our whole stay. The staff was wonderful from Lobby to cleaning staff everyone was extremely helpful. The beach is phenomenal!!!! Wow! The sunsets are superb. Didn't find anything wrong with our stay. Have mention the staff at restaurant lido beach grille: David and Sebastian they really went out if their way to make our experience at the restaurant unique. Thank you!!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us for five nights and sharing your experience. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the recognition you provided some of our many outstanding associates!

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!