“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My sister was married last weekend in Sarasota. While she wasn't married at the Lido Beach Resort, there were a block of rooms for the wedding guests. My whole family and all wedding guests stayed there. From the reservation process through the stay and until checkout, everything was nice. There was only one hiccup with our room after we checked in. However, after a call to the front desk, they quickly moved us (including our luggage) to another room without hesitation. Their beach is great, the Tiki bar is fun and St Armands is just around the corner (they have a free shuttle bus). We ate at the cafe several times and the service/food were good. Overall, my family and wedding guests loved their stay. Thank you Lido Beach Resort!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Congratulations to your sister on her marriage! Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and are very happy all of your guests had a nice stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Danville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

we stayed in the 'short' side- 4 floors. I presume it was older than the 'taller ' tower. It was a plain hotel room with a small mini kitchen. totally unremarkable. but the poolss were cool and the bar at the pool was great. beach was nice with beach chairs and towels. water was clear and carribean blue! The restaurant on top of the tall tower was excellent! The bar customers had a view of the sunset but we were at a table that didn't have that view but did have a nice view of Sarasota. service was excellent. everyone was very nice to me and my guide dog.

Room Tip: ask for the taller tower. at $250/night, our room in the short tower was overpriced.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am pleased to hear both you and your guide dog enjoyed your stay! We certainly look forward to seeing both of you in the future!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days at lido beach resort. It was very pleasant!! We were a party of 5 plus a baby and it was very smooth our whole stay. The staff was wonderful from Lobby to cleaning staff everyone was extremely helpful. The beach is phenomenal!!!! Wow! The sunsets are superb. Didn't find anything wrong with our stay. Have mention the staff at restaurant lido beach grille: David and Sebastian they really went out if their way to make our experience at the restaurant unique. Thank you!!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us for five nights and sharing your experience. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the recognition you provided some of our many outstanding associates!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The views from the room were lovely. The beach is great. Everyone that works there was very friendly & attentive. There is a free shuttle to St. Armand's circle - tip the drivers, please! I cringed watching people fail to tip those guys. The hotel really needs renovating. It reminded me of the hotels in the 1970s I visited as a child with my parents- musty smell (yes, it is on the beach but that is no excuse), fridge didn't work, the safe did not work, dirty carpet, etc. I knew going in that it was not going to live up to the level of luxury that I expect so I was ok with all of this. I have to say that we moved to the Hyatt Regency in Sarasota on the bay half way through out trip due to business in Sarasota & I was relieved to be in a nicer hotel. I will review it separately. If you book the Lido Beach resort, be sure to call & make sure you are actually getting what you asked for. I asked for a room with a straight, unobstructed ocean view on the 4th (top) floor with no smokers or pets previously in the room. On the smokers, you will run into them & it is a bit bothersome but I understand that some cities still allow smoking in public places. . . A few weeks before the trip I called to make sure that I was getting exactly what I had requested just to double check & was told that I was on the 1st floor facing the beach & that the pool would be obstructing my view but they'd "put a note on my account" that I wanted to be moved to the 4th (top) floor if one of those rooms became available. I thanked her & said I'd like to cancel & find a guarantee for what I really want somewhere else & she (Teresa) made it right for me. She upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette on the 4th floor facing the water & did not charge us the extra fee. Plus she put a "do not move" on our reservation. That is the level of service that I expect!! All of this being said, I checked out all of the other hotels nearby & the one was the nicest on Lido Key. I had to give it the average rating because it needs so much work but the service was stellar.

Room Tip: Get 4th floor facing the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing our staff that do an amazing job! I can certainly understand your position on the "updating" and we are working towards that goal. I hope you will return in the future to see the changes we are making! Thank you again for your comments!
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Been to this hotel twice now. We like to take a few days out of the hectic Disney holiday and drive to the gulf coast for a bit of beach time relaxation. This hotel is perfect for that.

Right on the beach, 2 lovely warm swimming pools, plenty of sun loungers around the pools and on the beach. And a lovely pool bar that also serves very reasonable priced food.

Soda are free refills all day so that's great for the kids.

Some nice relaxation areas around the hotel and a couple of table tennis tables by the pool deck but under cover to keep the kids entertained if they enough sun.

Free multi storage car parking, and a hotel courtesy shuttle that runs from the hotel to St Armand's Circle. Lots of nice shopping and restaurants there.

Rooms are perfectly comfortable but the decor is a little dated. The hotel has upgraded some areas since our 1st stay 2 years ago like a new bistro bar on the 8th floor and the lower breakfast cafe refurb.

Great beach views in some rooms and balconies. We had room 1314 which has 2 double bedrooms and a large sitting room with small kitchen. Perfect for families. Coffee machine in this room and some nice touches like packets of microwave popcorn.

Staff all over hotel are really friendly, not forced just naturally helpful and accommodating.

We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for returning to the Lido Beach Resort and for your very detailed review! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. They will be thrilled to learn of your comments! I look forward to your 3rd visit and the same experience!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 3 children. Room was nice, clean, and spacious. Loved the pool area, it was never crowded. Beach was gorgeous. They will set out chairs where ever you want. Shuttle to Armand Square was also a plus. Will def be back!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you and your family had a wonderful vacation. The entire team loves to hear that! Thank you again for your comments!
Rotonda West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Two buildings. A four story with limited view and a main tower which has excellent gulf views. Extremely clean rooms and common areas. Sunday Brunch is phenomenal. Very friendly staff members who go above and beyond to provide excellent service. Two pools one for adults only. The best part is it's pet friendly.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a nice, clean, affordable room and don't care about the view the 4 story...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing our staff. I will certainly share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!