We arrived at midnight after a long drive - and got a room where the cleaning had been abandoned in the midst of the process. That should not have happened. But, no problem. Within minutes, we got a clean room with the same stunning view.
True, the furniture in that part of the hotel has seen better days. (We were in the older, five-storey building on the left-hand side if you stand on the beach.) They are renovating in stages. But with such a view, a shared balcony to sit on, and miles of sandy beach right in front of the hotel, I can wait for the new furniture!
Esp. since food at the hotel restaurants is very good indeed (they have a grill bar at the pool, a normal restaurant, and a refined one which is truly excellent), and the staff is very friendly throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota