“Nice Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We originally booked at a different place, but got double booked due to a lack of professionalism by the Londoner B & B. We frantically searched for a place to stay at the last minute and decided on the Lido Beach Resort. We were happy we did. The place was nice, but a bit pricey... The view from our room was fantastic! The staff here was outstanding. The room was average, but very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am sorry for the circumstance that brought you to the Lido Beach Resort but very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will return in the future and book with us first!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've stayed at Lido Beach Resort numerous times, mostly against my will. You see, my family has a tradition of coming here ever Memorial Day weekend, but I am done staying here. For the last two years, our room (which, by the way, was nearly $300/night) was horrible and both showers had mold on the curtains. In fact, of the 3 rooms that our family booked, I checked and all of them had mold. Great start.

I don't want to sound like everything about this place is horrible. The beach is great & the tiki bar is awesome. The pools are a little outdated, but still totally fine.

Back to the room: Every single time they mess up our requests for bed type. In 2013, we had 4 people in the room and we end up with a king bed... Thanks? The response from the front desk was "there is nothing else available". I had booked over a month in advance, how can you reasonably give 4 adults 1 bed?

Overall, the "resort" needs a major overhaul. I'd suggest, with the exception of the tiki bar and beach, blowing it all up and starting over.

Thankfully, after years and years of coming here, my sisters have said they are open to another location next year.

Giving them a "poor" rating over "terrible" simply because of the piña coladas with a floater. Those are great.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you have had issues with your reservations and rooms. This is certainly not acceptable. I am hopeful you will give us another opportunity in the future. I would be more than happy to handle your reservations personally to ensure you receive exactly what you need. Please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Took my mother to the Lido to celebrate her 91st birthday. What a wonderful retreat, Had a junior beachfront suite up on the 12th floor. Spectacular view! It was a special retreat to enjoy room service breakfast watching the gulf activities. Even got to watch a beach wedding. Pools were well maintained, and it was great that they had a separate pool for adults only. Staff was wonderful all around. Special praise to Kim in the Lido Cafe who took great care of us at a small birthday dinner for five in the Cafe. The Cafe doesn't take reservations, but she said to just call her a half hour ahead and she'd take care of us. She made sure we were set up by the waterfall and even put a candle in the dessert! BTW, the Cafe and Tiki bar have half price appetizers daily from 5 to 7, along with drink specials --- since I'm a Sarasota local, now that I know that, I'll be coming back even when not staying at the hotel. If you're looking for a great vacation on the higher-end of luxury without the ridiculously high prices of the Ritz, it's hard to beat this. Rooms well maintained, grounds were spotless. Did see other reviews mention cracked floor tiles in the rooms. Well, have to admit, our suite had several cracked tiles that had been repaired. Though it's probably something I wouldn't even have noticed if others hadn't mentioned it.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have the best view during the day, but the gulf view rooms facing the sunset ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very happy to hear you had a great birthday getaway. Welcome to Sarasota, stop by and see us whenever you like.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed here before and had good service I noticed some of the bad comments and I did not experience anything like that thank goodness! I have stayed at other places on the beach that are not half as nice there are not a lot of options. This beach is perfect never over crowed. We were put in the older building but requested a kitchen so we were moved to the newer building.

Everyone was very helpful, they have the kcups for coffee and I need to drink about a gallon we asked for about 10cups and they left them, there was no place on the hotel to get coffee! Add a coffee shop or give me a real coffee maker.

View was fantastic ask for a higher room, pool service we didn't really use except for some drinks and they were very nice. The beach service was great they set up the chairs and umbrella and even walked back to the hotel to blow up our floaties, cost $15 for the umbrella but that is a deal compared to some places.

Now for the bad, VERY old decor, it's looks like the golden girls decorated it. The air in the common areas is not so good, almost no air in the new building elevators and NONE in the old building elevators. No spa :( anywhere on the beach that we could find.

I will continue to go back here but I hope they redecorate and make a few small changes.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view if you get an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments from your stay at the Lido Beach Resort. We are working towards making some major improvements very soon. I appreciate your feedback very much as well your business. We certainly look forward to your next stay with us!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This review, though some what late is better than never. We have stayed at Lido Beach Resort for many (20+) years. Each year it has slid down hill further and further. The rooms have the same furniture from when it was first built , and though recovered in plastic still looks and feels like a "Good Will Store" blew up there.
Our Sleeper Sofa (the main couch in the room)had no mattress and you sat on the springs. The floor tiles were cracked in many places and mold was growing in the shower. No protective lens over the shower lights and several of the room lighting fixtures had blown bulbs. Wi-Fi was spotty in room and even at the pool side. The $20 daily resort fee covered a bottle of water per day, Wifi, bag of Popcorn, and a cup of coffee in your room.

Our room was left vacant early in the morning, for room service that did not show up till sometime in the very late afternoon. The pool was on the dirty side with stuff and oily sunscreen scum floating on the top, which greeted us in the morning. Many of the room service helpers could not speak or understand English and in turn could not understand that we needed Towels, light bulbs, repairs on (services supposedly provided)
in the room.

Requests to the front desk while they were polite, but went no where, and were never followed through with. Breakfasts were acceptable but way over priced. When we were there construction was full bore on the tiki bar. Dust and materials were floating around but the lido did not think enough of us as vacationers to notify us that the pool side would be dirty and noisy all day, every day. A Reduced rate, notification or an apology would have gone a long way. We really did not feel like valued quests.

I had written to the Lido Beach Resort before and read the comments made by others but those words have fallen on deaf ears. Each of our stays hovered in the neighborhood of $1,800 to $2,000 Not including meals or drinks. I feel that our money might be better spent at another resort, which has truly worked hard to gain their stars.. This was our favorite and special place to come to in Florida, but never more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the Lido Beach Resort from October 2013. I can certainly understand your disappointment and frustrations while you were here and from previous stays. Since that time the hotel has completed the Tiki bar (it is incredible), completely renovated the Café Lido, upgraded our internet service, and are planning a full room renovation. I am very sorry your last stay was not a great one but my hope is you will come back to see the changes we are making. Please feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss further renovation plans and how I may work to want you to return. Thank you again for your comments. They are very much appreciated.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Hard to fault. Great location and setting. Easy access to a fantastic beach. Lovely views assuming you have the right room. We had a junior suite and was adequate for a family of four. The little well equipped kitchen was very handy. Room was well maintained and clean. It exceeded its star rating.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope you will return again very soon!
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Staying over the road from this resort, heard you could eat here, tried the Tiki bar..not too busy, sat and glanced over the menu. People on next table seemed to be having problems with there order......After a while we got served, ordered a couple of glasses of wine and our food choice.
Sat back in the sun and relaxed, food seemed to take a while so tried to get server for another drink...he seemed more interested in a couple of girls nearer the pool than us, so I went to the bar and got my own.....food turned up. Asked for some Mayo....server went off did not return.
So I went and helped myself from the servers station....
As we sat and ate the server seemed intent on closing the area down, pushing and banging chairs against the tables, to the glares of us and others eating...we would have liked another drink, but no sign of the guy, we waited to collect our bill, no sign of the guy....In the end I went to the bar and asked if we could pay, a frown from the barman......Have been visiting Sarasota for 15 years will not return to this Tiki bar

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Tiki bar at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally about your experience so I may address the issues. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!