“Nice stay over the Long weekend.” 4 of 5 stars

Lido Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   700 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
Ranked #25 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
MIAMI
“Nice stay over the Long weekend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Price was a little High C+
Checking in was very smooth A+
Great 7 Story Parking Lot A+
Room was clean and great view of the ocean ,but we found a couple of issues , like broken tiles and the the sofa bed was very old. B-
The food was nice for breakfast and lunch and room service was great very fast ,but Do not order the pizza B+
The beach and the pool were very nice and clean B+
Over all I give it a "B"

Room Tip: Make sure they don't give you a room on the 8th floor because that's were one of the restaur...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for "grading" our performance during your recent stay. We certainly strive for A+ across the board so I am sorry we did not deliver that level for you. We are working on improvements to address many of your concerns. I hope you will return in the future to experience the changes that will be coming! Thank you for the "report card", it is very much appreciated!

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I've been visiting the Lido Beach Resort for 15 years and this is the first time I've ever had a bad experience. The Tiki Bar is the biggest problem. Poor drinks and even worse service. These guys don't want to be there. Especially Daniel. He was angry all weekend and made us very uncomfortable.
When we decided to have drinks on Saturday Daniel wasn't looking at the cup as he poured the rum and it went all outside the cup. Very little made it into the cup. He made me a virgin Pina Colada. When I asked for the rum that was supposed to go in it he yelled at me that "There's plenty of rum in that drink!" There was a minuscule amount. Later, of course, we couldn't get served so we just left. Someone needs to train the bartenders in hospitality. The stairways were dirtier than normal. A used band aid was on the steps in the stairwell of the original building for five days straight. Those stairs need to be cleaned every day. The cleanliness and especially the service needs to be greatly improved. I'm looking to stay somewhere else next season and as a long time customer, that's disappointing.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank for your time in writing your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you had a less than acceptable experience during your return visit. I am hopeful you will contact me directly so I may address your issues and attempt to make things right. We would love to have you continue to return. I look forward to speaking with you personally. Thank you for your feedback!
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed in a suite in the tower and have no real complaints. Some of our family members didn't request rooms with views and were facing the parking lot. I wouldn't have enjoyed the stay as much without the view we had which was of gulf from side of building, 4th floor. Parking was convenient in garage with easy room access. Room was clean enough, although shower and floors could have used a little more attention. We stocked the kitchen with some basic breakfast foods, snacks and drinks and appreciated that convenience.

Our group enjoyed the Happy Hour daily at the Tiki bar, no service issues, staff was generally attentive, friendly and accommodating. It made it interesting that their name tags show where they're from. Menu choices are on the heavy / fried side but we found plenty to keep us satisfied for the 5 day stay. The Grille for dinner was good, although the wait staff seemed a little frazzled with our party of 12 even though we were the only ones there at the time. The Breakfast in the Café was excellent the two times we tried it, as was the service.

St. Armand's Circle is a great place to shop, eat and drink! So convenient having the shuttle service although would be great if it ran later than 10:30, I'd recommend midnight. we missed it both times we went.

The best part of the stay is the beach and water, perfect location! Water was amazing! Ryan and Tiffany were very helpful with setting up chairs, umbrellas and towels. Both were very friendly and made us feel right at home from the first day. The Gulf views and sunsets were just amazing! We enjoyed all the various birds and shells everywhere. The pools and hot tubs were good although we spent most of our time in the ocean when swimming. We hung out in the bar up at the grille pretty late a couple nights and the service from Woody was great. Overall all the staff members were friendly and accommodating. I'd stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your very thorough review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and also appreciate the recognition of some of our many outstanding staff members. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your return again!
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We just spent the Memorial Day weekend at this resort. While the location was great and room was spacious, the amenities left something to be desired. I'd like to share the following two examples: The worst and most startling thing was the absolute filthiness of the pool. It was so disgusting that it lead us to question if it was broken. I have never seen a resort pool with huge chunks of hair and filth floating all over, but this one had it!
The food quality was very poor, along with the selection. The blandness of entrees coupled with the price left much to be determined. For example, a kids spaghetti with asparagus= $14.00? No meatless options either :(
Long story short, it's really a shame because on the surface it seems like a great place to stay, but when you scratch the surface, the resort really needs help on many levels.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you experienced some issues during your stay. I will be sure to address your concerns with the appropriate departments so we may continually improve our service levels.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have been fans of the Lido Beach Resort since we opened our business here 19 years ago. We have always brought our out of town guests here, as well as recommended the resort/pool bar to hundreds of our customers, as well as usually having our annual Employee Christmas party here. In the past, we would stop at the Tiki bar a few times a week for a few sunset drinks. We recently brought six of our friends here for drinks and food. We arrived at 6:45 knowing they stop serving food after 7:00 and drinks stop at 8:00. We sat at a round table and waited...and waited. One of the servers was clearing the table next to us and made eye contact, so I figured she would be right back to take our order...Never happened. 15 minutes later , I went up to the not so busy bar and asked if I could get someone to wait on us..bartender looked around and non-chalantly said "sure". Since I was standing there, I ordered 6 Grand Golden Margaritas, and he said the server would bring them to us. Another 10 minutes and the server appeared with 6 lime-aid concoctions. We said we needed to order food and his response was "it is 7:05, we stop serving food at 7:00". but you can go to the grill up front(where they get the food from) and get it yourself. In the mean time, several orders of food were arriving that were ordered earlier. Back to the drinks....Not made with gold tequila, no Gran marnier to speak of, and mostly sour mix.....so I go up to the bar and waited another 5 minutes for the bartender to stop his socializing and ask me what I needed. I told him I needed a few shots of Gran Marnier to help make the drink drinkable, and was more than willing to pay for six shots. He ended up pouring 2 shots for 10.00. I asked him if he used a gold tequila, and he responded, no, and walked away. One of my guests had walked up front to get something for us to eat, and just sat back down and last call was yelled at everyone. When the server brought our check, we expressed to him, that the drinks were horrible, and that we did not want anything else. I watched him go up to the bartender and nodded toward us while he was telling him we were not happy, which got a shrug from him and he again walked away. 19 years of patronizing a local bar and tipping thousands of dollars for good service and drinks have come to an end for us. I hesitated posting this before I e-mailed the resort, so I waited 2 months after expressing my experience in an e-mail to them. I have not received any response to my communication, and will not be patronizing or recommending them anymore. How sad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Tiki bar at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you did not have a good experience. I have not received any emails regarding your experience. I would love the opportunity to discuss your review and attempt to make things right. We value your business and want you to return. Please contact me directly so we may discuss your review. I look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This place was great, we got to bring our small 20 lb dog which was a plus. We had dinner in the main restaurant and it was well worth it, great meal and gorgeous sunset. The beach was really nice and you could walk a nice long way. We watched sting rays and dolphins play in the water from our balcony. And we were just a few blocks away from the best kayaking we have ever done. Saw manatees, dolphins, lots of fish, all types of water birds including Roseate Spoonbills and Great White Herons. We took the free shuttle up to the St. Armands circle and spent several evenings there trying out the local restaurants, none disappointed. Kilwin's ice cream shop was our favorite dessert spot.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at the Lido Beach Resort and also got to see much of the wildlife. We hope you return again soon!
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I recently spent 9 days at the Lido Beach Resort.
Our room was great. We had a beachfront kitchenette in the smaller (original) bldg. We had a king bed, a small kitchen, and my favourite - his n hers closets! The view of the pool and beach was very nice. B/c we were only on the 2nd floor, on a cpl of occasions we did hear noise from outside, but nothing that was a really big deal.

I must say that the service was rather inconsistent throughout our stay. The first day, our room was made up, but our dishes were still in the sink and the counters not even wiped down. We were happy to do our own dishes, but we didn't have any dish soap or dishcloths in the room, so we assumed housekeeping would take care of it. When we inquired, we were supposed to have those supplies, but housekeeping was also supposed to clean the kitchen area. We also never knew when housekeeping may arrive. One day they arrived before 9am. Another day we had to call at 3pm as they still hadn't been, but we had a wedding to get ready for. On another day, they never came at all, and we had to call again as we hd no bathroom tissue left.

The food in the cafe/tiki bar is average. A lot of fried foods. Even the salads they offer are quite heavy. I ordered a caesar salad and it was drowning in sauce. We ate breakfast in the cafe a few times and had mediocre service. One day our servers appeared to be mixed up (2 people attempted to serve us) and then they had a small argument about it in full view of us. Another day our bills were mixed up (only 4 of us were at the table).

That said, Brent at the pool bar was AWESOME. We were a large group celebrating a wedding. There's no question that we were enjoying our drinks and having a good time poolside. He never got an order wrong despite us constantly moving around the pool. We were also usually in a group larger than 10, and often had more than 10 drinks to an order by the end of a day. He works very hard and was so pleasant the whole week, remembering our names and where we were from.

The property is overall quite nice. 2 pools; one is adult only. Several small hot tubs, and beachfront. It is kept very clean, and the beach is obviously raked as well. One annoying thing is that there is a public beach right next door. So, some people going to that beach will park in the Lido Resort lot and take up spots. This doesn't really seem to be monitored. The Lido guests are supposed to display a pass in their window. There were many that weren't. There is also a leg parked, but the side lot was much closer to our room and that's where we wanted to go.

Overall, I would still stay at the Lido Beach resort again. The little annoyances did not really affect my overall enjoyment of the trip. My husband (politely) brought our concerns to the manager's attention at the end of our stay, and he was very thankful for our feedback, and did adjust our fees some, so obviously this is a place that does care about the happiness of the guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your very detailed and thorough review of the Lido Beach Resort. We truly do appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced and will certainly work to improve our service levels based on your review. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us!

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!