My husband and I recently spent 9 days at the Lido Beach Resort.
Our room was great. We had a beachfront kitchenette in the smaller (original) bldg. We had a king bed, a small kitchen, and my favourite - his n hers closets! The view of the pool and beach was very nice. B/c we were only on the 2nd floor, on a cpl of occasions we did hear noise from outside, but nothing that was a really big deal.
I must say that the service was rather inconsistent throughout our stay. The first day, our room was made up, but our dishes were still in the sink and the counters not even wiped down. We were happy to do our own dishes, but we didn't have any dish soap or dishcloths in the room, so we assumed housekeeping would take care of it. When we inquired, we were supposed to have those supplies, but housekeeping was also supposed to clean the kitchen area. We also never knew when housekeeping may arrive. One day they arrived before 9am. Another day we had to call at 3pm as they still hadn't been, but we had a wedding to get ready for. On another day, they never came at all, and we had to call again as we hd no bathroom tissue left.
The food in the cafe/tiki bar is average. A lot of fried foods. Even the salads they offer are quite heavy. I ordered a caesar salad and it was drowning in sauce. We ate breakfast in the cafe a few times and had mediocre service. One day our servers appeared to be mixed up (2 people attempted to serve us) and then they had a small argument about it in full view of us. Another day our bills were mixed up (only 4 of us were at the table).
That said, Brent at the pool bar was AWESOME. We were a large group celebrating a wedding. There's no question that we were enjoying our drinks and having a good time poolside. He never got an order wrong despite us constantly moving around the pool. We were also usually in a group larger than 10, and often had more than 10 drinks to an order by the end of a day. He works very hard and was so pleasant the whole week, remembering our names and where we were from.
The property is overall quite nice. 2 pools; one is adult only. Several small hot tubs, and beachfront. It is kept very clean, and the beach is obviously raked as well. One annoying thing is that there is a public beach right next door. So, some people going to that beach will park in the Lido Resort lot and take up spots. This doesn't really seem to be monitored. The Lido guests are supposed to display a pass in their window. There were many that weren't. There is also a leg parked, but the side lot was much closer to our room and that's where we wanted to go.
Overall, I would still stay at the Lido Beach resort again. The little annoyances did not really affect my overall enjoyment of the trip. My husband (politely) brought our concerns to the manager's attention at the end of our stay, and he was very thankful for our feedback, and did adjust our fees some, so obviously this is a place that does care about the happiness of the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota