“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Maryland
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Came here for a meeting, and Lido beach is lovely. The hotel supplies beach towels and I treasured my morning swims. We also had a very pleasant conference dinner there. My one caveat is that many rooms do not have windows that open, which could be nice if you want to avoid humidity, but I go to Florida for the tropical air. They moved me, very promptly, and all the service was friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Ask about windows that open
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you were able to take advantage of our location while attending your meetings. Hopefully you will return for some rest and relaxation with no meetings to tie you down!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

A very 3 star experience for 400 a night. Drinks at the bar were 16$ each...we went on a cruise the next day and the same drink was 7$ each to put that into perspective. They didn't clean the room until 3 the next day and the bartender at the pool bar was very rude after I hade to ask for another lemonade due to floating things in the first one. Nothing crazy, but unacceptable at 400 a night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry your stay was not the most enjoyable one. There is certainly no excuse for any staff to be rude. I will be sure to use your review with our team to continue to improve our level of service. Thank you again for your comments.
Altamonte Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was a regular at Lido Beach Resort and always recommended to co-workers and friends.
It was the only hotel we would consider when wanting a beach getaway, but as expressed in the mailed and faxed letter to management, this resort now seems neglected.
We usually would order room service and the service was acceptable, our favorite was breakfast , chocolate chip pancakes. The room service is now slow and the quality of food has declined greatly. When we called to report a cold breakfast and dinner, we were ignored.
There was a constant flushing sound coming from the toilet that was never repaired,
The staff controlling the towels was extremely rude and customer service as a whole had gone from mediocre, to terrible. The check in was rude, not so much as a smile form the lady checking us in. The rug in the room was old and smelly. Needless to say, I have never been back since our last stay.
I see that some of the comments here have been addressed; however my letter was never answered , nor did we ever receive an apology for the lack of customer service. My letter was not rude or condescending for it to remain unaddressed, so the fact that management is answering the complaints here, is an indication that they are only doing it for 'show'.
Shame on the management of Lido Beach that ignores previously loyal customers.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the South Tower, they are newer and the have tile flooring, which helps with stagna...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the Lido Beach Resort. I can assure you, the answers to tripadvisor posts are not "for show". I take our customers feedback very seriously. I do not recall receiving any letters or faxes that I have not responded to in a timely manner. I apologize that yours has been overlooked. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally to address any and all concerns you have and hopefully convince you to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please feel free to call me directly. I look forward to speaking with you very soon.
Wesley Chapel, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Lido Beach Resort was a nice Anniversary trip to the beach. The facility is right on the beach with plenty of sand and sea. The outdoor bar was basic, but the drinks and the staff were very good ( we understand that a new pool side bar is in the works). There are two pools and were well used by the guests (I think the wedding attendees were from up north).

The building we stayed in was rather dated somewhat like an older Holiday Inn. The room was clean had a kitchenette and table. There is also a high rise section that appeared to be more up to date.

There was a large wedding going on and we were fortunate to get the last available room when we booked it online. The staff were very professional and helpful. The breakfast was very good and reasonable. The shuttle to St. Armon's Circle was very convenience and ran about every 15 minutes.

Overall, we were very pleased and would think of returning again.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer high rise building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review of the Lido Beach Resort. The summer can certainly be very busy when trying to book. I am glad you were able to stay with us and hopefully return again in the future very soon.
Auburndale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Its a very nice hotel!! great location! Love the fact that they have complimentary shuttle bus to take you to St.Aramad circle....but thats what you pay for!!! By the time we were done the bill was much more than i expected. Resort fees,taxes on resort fees etc.. This place is over 200$ a night..ouch! Resort fee?? um okay whatever! I've been to a RESORT ,try Sandals Resorts. Now that I dont mind paying. But no spa offer, swanky room service then you can forget a resort fee. All in all - nice place,great location,beautiful beach but the price is outragous!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am sorry you did not feel you received the value for the price you paid. The hotel will have some special offers coming very soon through the end of the year. I recommend checking out our facebook page and our web site and keep an eye out for those specials. We would love to have you come back again and again.
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed in the hotel while fishing in early July. Rooms are somewhat dated but comfortable. Good location for walking to St. Armand's circle. Great views from the balcony.

Good beach for swimming witht the kids. Two pools - one for kids and one for adults. Plenty of parking.

Pretty good tiki bar next to the pool and beach. Gets somewhat crowded and could do with more staffing for quicker service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. We are working on renovation plans and hope to be sharing those very soon. I appreciate your feedback on the tiki bar as well. There are some changes in the works for this area too.
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and beds are comfortable. You're right on the beach and walking distance to St Armand's. the best of all worlds right here. The pool is great and you can choose between the adult or family pools. The tiki bar staff is always amazing. It's nice to see the same faces each time we come back for a visit. Bravo Lido Resort, y'all have it down!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review and your continued patronage of the Lido Beach Resort. I may be a little biased but certainly agree, we are the best hotel on Lido! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!