“3rd Annual Visit to Lido Beach Resort” 3 of 5 stars

Lido Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   700 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Longwood, Florida, United States
“3rd Annual Visit to Lido Beach Resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been coming to the Lido Beach Resort every June for the past 3 years. My wife and I come to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We also travel with another couple who are good friends whose anniversary is the day before ours (they were married 1 day before us).

We love the location of the Lido Beach Resort (LBR). The beach is wonderful, the pool area is good and the food is also good. The rooms are a little dated and somewhat rundown in terms of decoration but it doesn't bother us too much since we are only in the rooms to sleep.

One issue that we had this year that we did not have in previous years had to do with the Adult Pool. LBR has 2 pools, one for families and one that is adult only. There are signs that you can't miss when you enter the pool area that say, "You must be 18 or older to enter this area". That is fine and actually one of the reasons we have kept coming back was the access to an adult only section. Well during our 4 days there, there were multiple occasions where people with small children, just ignored the signs and made themselves at home in the adult area. On the first day we were there, we complained to the front desk 3 times (twice by walking to the front desk and once by calling on the phone) before there was any response from management. If you don't want to enforce the adult-only section, then take the signs down but don't ignore your customers and don't make the customers be the enforcers...This issue is why I marked this stay as "Average" as opposed to "Very Good".

Anyway, we still had a wonderful time. However if the adult pool issue is not actively enforced, we will not be back to LBR in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and your continued patronage of the Lido Beach Resort. We appreciate you coming back year after year. I am sorry you found the rules of the pool were not being enforced. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate department to ensure we are actively enforcing our rules so all guests may enjoy our facilities. I am hopeful I get to meet you on your next stay with us! I enjoy meeting our many return guests year after year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

You can't beat this place for location: on the beach, two pools, shuttle to restaurants. But the service is really bad in some respects, especially housekeeping. The long weekend I was there they did not change our sheets, even when I called to complain and they said they'd do it, they did not. Repeated phone calls had no effect. It was really gross. Breakfast is to be avoided (bad food, bad service). The outdoor bar and pool staff, on the other hand, were terrific.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly understand your disappointment after reading your comments. I am very sorry we missed the mark in some areas during your stay. I will certainly use your review and share it with our team so we may continue to improve our level of service. Thank you again for your comments, they are very much appreciated.
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

What can I say. It all starts with the staff and management. There is friendly, then there is Lido Beach Resort friendly. The hotel manager, Tim, took the time out of his busy schedule on two separate occasions to help me feel welcome, and to educate me on the local fishing environment. "Hold on" he said, "let me show you around". My mouth almost hit the floor. After showing me a couple good fishing locale's on there magnificent beach front, he even helped me improve my knot tying! Then, the look....they have it. In between hotel buildings and activities you're walking through beautiful gazebo's and walkways that stretch over there "compound" which makes you feel like you're in a different country...not miles away from Sarasota. Two thumbs WAY up. I'll be back and I'll bring friends.

Room Tip: South tower views are breathtaking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding the Lido Beach Resort. Tim is certainly an asset to our organization! I am very pleased Tim was able to go above and beyond to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you and your friends in the very near future!
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Literally just back from our trip. I was a little hesitant as we were staying at the "main building" with all the previous negative reviews. No worries needed - it was beautiful! We were at a 2nd floor beachfront kitchenette double. Everything clean, nice, spectacular views. Staff was awesome - thumbs up to Manny on the beach who took a shovel and dug a hole for my beach umbrella :)
Definitely will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing one of our many outstanding employees. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return in the future!
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just held a national UN Women conference at the Lido Beach Resort. The location is just lovely, as is the resort. We were well accommodated for our conference at the top floor. The room was spacious, but I believe we had to turn people away as it was smaller than the number of guests we anticipated. The morning continental breakfast was great, and the lunch was delicious, but just adequate. Noise for the meals was a bit distracting, but that is to be expected. Overall, the space was very welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. We agree, this is a great place for a conference. I hope your meetings were productive and you were able to enjoy some "down time" as well.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay! We have been loyal returning guests for 15 years+. Love the upper floor South Tower suites, 2 Heated Pools and Jacuzzis, Tiki Bar, in room WI-FI and let me not forget the "beautiful Beach"! On your early morning walk you can still find some great shells. Shopping and restaurants in St. Armand's Circle are just a short walk or shuttle away! The Lido Beach Grille restaurant and Cafe Lido will accommodate most appetites with a modern continental cuisine specializing in a variety of fresh seafood!! Sunset Lounge is available for after-dinner drinks, conversation and a wonderful view! We have been thru Hurricanes, several tropical storms and the accommodating Staff at Lido Beach Resort have always been "right on" to make or stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your years of continued patronage and your recent review of the Lido Beach Resort! We are so fortunate to enjoy many returning guests such as you year after year. Thank you for kind words and we look forward to your returning again and again!
Levittown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Lovely hotel on the beach, with two pools, one just for adults, and entertainment by the pool. Nice bar and food is good. Also has two restaurants - very good breakfast. Close to St. Armand's circle for shopping/restaurants, and 5 minute drive into Sarasota.

Room Tip: Higher rooms nice with balcony overlooking beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am more than happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the location. Hopefully you can return again soon!

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!