We have been coming to the Lido Beach Resort every June for the past 3 years. My wife and I come to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We also travel with another couple who are good friends whose anniversary is the day before ours (they were married 1 day before us).
We love the location of the Lido Beach Resort (LBR). The beach is wonderful, the pool area is good and the food is also good. The rooms are a little dated and somewhat rundown in terms of decoration but it doesn't bother us too much since we are only in the rooms to sleep.
One issue that we had this year that we did not have in previous years had to do with the Adult Pool. LBR has 2 pools, one for families and one that is adult only. There are signs that you can't miss when you enter the pool area that say, "You must be 18 or older to enter this area". That is fine and actually one of the reasons we have kept coming back was the access to an adult only section. Well during our 4 days there, there were multiple occasions where people with small children, just ignored the signs and made themselves at home in the adult area. On the first day we were there, we complained to the front desk 3 times (twice by walking to the front desk and once by calling on the phone) before there was any response from management. If you don't want to enforce the adult-only section, then take the signs down but don't ignore your customers and don't make the customers be the enforcers...This issue is why I marked this stay as "Average" as opposed to "Very Good".
Anyway, we still had a wonderful time. However if the adult pool issue is not actively enforced, we will not be back to LBR in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota