“Short get away for great weather.” 4 of 5 stars

Lido Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   700 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Staten Island, New York, USA
“Short get away for great weather.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Location is great but like every other review says stay in the tower. We did not and you should pay less for older building. On the positive, Susan from the concierge desk was amazing. Everything she recommended was perfect from kayak trip to all the restaurants.... and more. Dan from the bar was great also. Location was perfect.

• Stayed April 2013
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am positive Susan and Dan will be thrilled you recognized them as well. I will be sure to share your review with them. Thank you again for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We are a road trip with my husband and daughter from central New York to Florida. We didn't make any pre planned hotel reservations. The night manager Brenda was so accommodating and helpful. She arranged for a beautiful ocean suite suite a excellent rate. For us central New Yorkers whom had a extra long snowy winter what a blessing to find such a beautiful resort with such caring people. Thank you and gold bless

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am glad to hear you were able to escape the cold weather in New York and enjoy our resort. I hope you will think of us again when your travel plans include Sarasota.
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at this property several years ago. We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay, so we booked again. However, it appears that there are two distinct areas of this resort--the newer tower where we stayed last time and the older 4-story building where we stayed this time. It was like staying in a different hotel.

The room was in serious need of updating, showing its age and wear in every respect. The bed was worn and the sheets needed to be pitched Upon arrival, we found hair and a used Band-Aid in the bed. The air conditioning sounded like an old car in need of a tune-up when it ran. And I could go on.

I could have lived with all this if the place had been priced accordingly. However, we paid more for this dismal beachfront accommodation than we have paid for a much nicer room at the Hilton in Midtown Manhattan--not exactly a low-rent neighborhood. This room would not even compare favorably to the most basic one at a backwoods Hampton Inn.

Yes, the location was lovely, the public spaces were well-maintained and the staff were helpful. However, our room at the Lido Beach Resort was not a good value for the money and that colored everything. We won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay at this property, rent in the tower. Don't stay in the 4-story build...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. The hotel is working on plans to renovate very soon. That being said, I am very sorry your room was not clean as it certainly should be. I will use your comments to continue to improve our service. I am hopeful you will give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Philadelphia.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are family of five. Two boys, 7 and 5, and baby girl . We have chosen Lido Beach Resort for our spring break getaway because its location to the beach and kitchenette in the room. We were not disappointed. It is perfect location to the beach , shopping circle and other activities in town. The room was older but clean . Unfortunately we were not able to see sunset from our room because our windows were faced the inside court.

Room Tip: 234 room does not have beach view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased to hear you and your family had an enjoyable time. We certainly look forward to your return in the future!
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a small issue upon check-in that was simply an inexperienced employee trying too hard and going solely by the book, so to speak. Another gentleman jumped in and upgraded us to a premier room with a view to die for! This is a local hotel that we see often but decided to stay one time to experience it ourselves so we can use as a landing pad for friends & family in the future...well, it's a great find!

kudos to the brunch buffet as well. At $80 +, was pricey but the view and delicious food numbed the sting of the bill a bit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to providing the same great services and amenities your friends and family may require in the future!
kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our second stay. I love the location but have to say for the price we paid, the service was only okay and the rooms really need updating. If you are an adult, the adult pool is nice. The other pool is filled with kids. Maybe not staffed for Easter break, but the poolside bar and restaurant staff was very unattentive. They almost seemed to igore people. I waited over 30 minutes one day to get someone to serve us for lunch. Finally, my 13 year old daughter and I just got up and went to the bar. We got okay service there, but I believe it was only because they were not busy. The beach is lovely, and we enjoyed walking it and running it each day. The water was also very blue and very lovely. There is a women who works at the front desk, and I think her name is Sara. She is awesome. Additionally, most days, breakfast was great. The food was always great, but sometimes it is a bit slow. I am mixed on the place. There are not a lot of non-condo/home places to stay in the area, but I don't know if we will go back.

Room Tip: Tower up high has a great view of the sunsets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for sharing your Easter break with the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry everything was not perfect during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly share with the appropriate departments to continue to improve the level of service we provide! I hope you will provide us another opportunity to earn your business in the future!
Sullivan, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love this resort. They have a parking garage, poolside bar, and beautiful rooms. Their breakfast is to die for... Make sure you stay on the south side in an upper story room for a great view. We started out on the north side on the 1st floor and the view was only of the pool. We got there late and it was dark, so the next morning to my surprise, there was a man 6 feet from my patio in his speedo. Not a sight to see first thing in the morning. We requested a different room and they accomodated us. There was an up charge, but the room was much better; with a kitchenette. I would definitely revisit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very happy you "love" the resort! I do apologize for the "view" you received. I am glad we were able to better accommodate you in reference to that. We look forward to your return in the future!

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!