You can't get any closer to the beach then this. The view was fantastic. it was nice to listen to the sound of the ocean and watch the sunset from our balcony. It was a very peaceful get away. We never heard one peep through the walls. The first night was spent in a King Kitchenette in the older part of the resort. We arrived late on the holiday.The smell was immediately obvious but it was 1 am and we just wanted to sleep.The next morning we awoke at sunrise as the drapes were not flush to the wall in the corner unit and we were smacked in the face with daylight. Once we were up we realized that there was a lot of black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and above the table which probably contributed to the odor and irritated my husband's allergies. We went to the desk in the morning to request a new room and were told that it would be awhile but they would call us as soon a room was clean. At 2pm we still had not heard anything, so we stopped at the desk and were told that we would hear from them by 4pm. 4pm came and went, still no word, at 550pm we called the desk and were immediately brought a key and given assistance transporting our belongings to a 2Q suite in the tower. The staff at LIdo Beach was outstanding which cushioned the poor accommodations the first night. The only poor customer service came from a waitress at breakfast and the lack of apologies for placing us in a room with mold growing in it. The delay was understandable as it was the holiday and they had an enormous amount of check outs.
After changing rooms, it finally felt like a nice resort not just an old rundown motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota