“Low Season Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Low Season Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the property in May 2014 on business. While the hotel was "good enough" - it wasn't up to the Hyatt standards I am used to. I suppose my opinion could have been colored by the fact that I had just stayed at the Hyatt Coconut Point - a fabulous property.

Pros - good location, pretty pool area, adequate self-parking, and mini-frig in room
Cons - room had very odd odor, not enough plugs for electronics (no USB), small bathroom, terrible first floor location with balcony directly on top of asphalt roof.

Would I stay here again? Only during low season - this property would never justify a high season rate in my book.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor - mine overlooked an asphalt roof.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rhett W, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations regarding the Hyatt standards that we strive to adhere to. We have also reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure the room you stayed in goes through a deep clean process.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were staying at this hotel for a long weekend with family and friends to go to a wedding in Sarasota. It is a great hotel. It is clean. The pool is great. The hotel provides kayaks and stand up paddle board as well. It was great to spend days at the hotel with all the activities we could do. The pool area is nice.
The food there is great. We ordered food from the pool area and from the restaurant. It was good.

The service is good...except they have less staffs at the pool area. Have to go to the bar in order to order food and drinks...or sometimes we need help on the beach umbrella at the pool area, we couldn't find anyone there to help us. Water provided in the room, housekeeping provided only one bottle per day...which is not enough. Asking for a first aid kit and we were told that they weren't allowed to give it to us. Other than that, overall is good.

Room Tip: Water/pool view. Higher floor for the nice view and breeze.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rhett W, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay and the feedback on your experiences. It sounds as if you had an opportunity to enjoy a lot of our hotel amenities while you were here. We are really happy to hear about your positive food & beverage experiences here, aside from the service difficulties you experienced out at our pool. We are reviewing your comments with our guest services team as your experience is certainly not the norm around here. We are also following up with our Housekeeping team as the new Resort Fee program includes two bottles of water in your room daily, so again our apologies that this was your experience. Thank you again and please come back to stay with us here at the Hyatt should your plans bring you back to Sarasota!
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is first class. The rooms are top rate, it is on the water, and the view from my window overlooked a marina. At night, I could look at the lights of Sarasota to the left and the Gulf of Mexico to the right. It is centrally located, and quality restaurants are a short drive or walk away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rhett W, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay here with us in Sarasota. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel as much as you did and we look forward to possibly welcoming you back to the Hyatt during your next visit to the area. Thank you again!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just returned from this hotel and it was AMAZING!!! Room was reasonably priced for area (this was the overall deciding factor to stay here since Ritz Carlton which I saw from my room was $300.00 more per night) The resort fee is reasonable and includes A LOT for the money (i.e. kayaks, paddleboard, shuttle to beach and st armands, waterbottles in room, wifi in room). We got the breakfast included rate and it was good. The pool area was nice with plenty of chairs, loungers, and shade. There is a waterfall feature that adds a nnice ambiance. The hot tub was the only thing sub par since the jets were not very efficient and it was a little dirty from surrounding plants and palm trees. Not bad enough that I didn't want to get in. It is tucked away which I liked. Boat rental right at resort. If you are a runner they are very close to the Ringling bridge and that offers a very nice run with beautiful views also if you run in the am they provide water and apples after you return. Gym was nice also if you like yoga they will give you a yoga mat and you can do a video in hotel room. Walking distance to several restaurants. The shuttle is just OK. During the weekend it runs every couple hours starting at 9 and ending around 10 but on the weeknights it doesn't leave until 1pm and last chance to return is 730. I found this lacking and felt they should at least have it available on weekdays. St Armands is a 5 min drive or very easy and beautiful 3 mile walk away. Rooms were clean and pleasant to stay in. Small fridge available. OVerall great stay and I will be back again. I would recommend for couples, family, and business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review and feedback on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had an opportunity to take advantage of almost every amenity here at the Hyatt Regency Sarasota. Your shuttle feedback is valuable for our Operations Team and we will be sure to go over your comments during the next departmental meeting. We look forward to the next opportunity to host you here in Sarasota!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I just got locked out of the room I am staying at with my girlfriend's family. I just went out of the room and its 3 in the morning. Tried to go back in the room and noticed my room card is not working. Everyone I'm staying with is alseep and we need to wake up at 7am for my girlfriend's cousin's graduation. The front desk told me that my room card got demagnetize probably from being next to my cell phone. They told me they can't help me. My girlfriend's family booked the room and I have no way back in unless I wake them up. I tried calling them but they must be deep alseep or their phones are on silent. I don't want make too much noise knocking on the door because I don't want to disturb the other guests at the Hyatt. I'm sitting here not knowing what to do.

• Stayed June 2014
Rhett W, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We are sorry to hear about the situation you encountered, but the safety in security of our guests is a top priority therefor our policies prohibit the issuance of guest room keys without valid identification. We welcome the opportunity to discuss the situation with you further and again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your recent stay.
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here with three girlfriends for a getaway weekend, it was wonderful! From the valet to the check in, we knew we had chosen a great place. Everyone we encountered there was helpful and so pleasant. Close to St Armand's Circle shopping, which is another must see and do! Can't wait to get back there again!

Room Tip: We were only one floor up from the bar area and there was a wedding party who ended up there after t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review! We are so glad that you had an opportunity to stay with us and we truly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt during your next visit to the Sarasota area.
Lombard, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I attended a conference at the hotel. It was an ok hotel. Tr pool area was very nice and contained a cool waterfall. The grounds were nice. There was free self parking which was nice. The lobby was ok and the meeting room was pretty average. All in all it was ok.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rhett W, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback! Although we are pleased to hear that you did not encounter any issues during your stay, we always strive to create memorable experiences and above average visits for our guests. It sounds as if we may have fallen short during your stay. We are glad that you had an opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary self-parking, the manicured grounds and relaxing bayfront pool. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations should your travel plans include the Sarasota area in the future. Thank you again!

Been to Hyatt Regency Sarasota? Share your experiences!