We were really excited to check out this hotel as the pictures I online were beautiful. Richard, who checked us in was very helpful and nice. We were promptly delivered cookies and milk to our room which was a very nice gesture.. The room smelled nice until....
We noticed that it was merely frebreeze to cover up the smell of a very old are conditioner and mildew smell. It also smelled of stale smoke although it was a smoke free room.
the room was very dirty. The carpet and furniture are downright nasty. My husband wouldn't even take off his close (and he's not the squeamish type).
There is a beautiful view and the pool area is nice but then you return to your room only to wish that you just went home instead.
I can't stand hotels where you don't want to unpack and you feel it necessary to wear shoes or socks inside the room at all times.
Sadly, the hotel could be great but it is obvious that the owners are more concerned with pocketed the most profit possible without updating or maintaining the high standards of a regency.
Additionally, the hallways looked like they were never vacuumed. Totally filthy. Our marble sink had obviously been broken at some point and instead of replacing it, they did poor patch job of gluing I back on.... Very noticeable as the surfaces didn't even line up.
Shame on you hyatt regency. I am a hyatt platinum member and travel frequently to Sarasota. I have to say that the hyatt place on university blvd is much more clean and the owners take pride in the property. You'll sacrifice the huge pool but get a clean room instead.
On a side note, even after Allegra, my allergies are going crazy from a night in that crappy room.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel
- Sarasota Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sarasota
- Sarasota Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a beautiful resort like setting with our own private marina on Sarasota Bay, Hyatt Regency Sarasota is 3 miles from the Sarasota/Bradenton airport and minutes from white sand beaches and the premier theaters, restaurants, museums and attractions of Florida's cultural coast. Hyatt Regency Sarasota's oasis of lush gardens, sparkling blue water and relaxed elegance combines with the year-round temperate climate of Sarasota Bay to set the ideal backdrop for a perfect meeting destination in a beautiful resort-like setting. Once inside the viibrant "new" rooms you'll discover why our unique blend of business and pleasure come together as you experience our elegant design theme enhanced views of Sarasota Bay and its natural beauty. The Hyatt Regency Sarasota has completed a 22 million dollar transformation where guests will enjoy newly appointed guestrooms, lobbys and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.