My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway in March 2014. We went down with the main purpose of attending Spring Training games for the Orioles who's home field is in Sarasota. The hotel is in a great place and very accessible. We utilized the free beach ride one evening to go out to the bars and restaurants on Siesta Key beach. This is a great feature!
Our room was ok, they put us in a Handicap room. The lady at the front desk stated that they didn't have any other rooms available and that we must have reserved the room late. However, I'm assuming this was because we were a late check in (9-10pm), but it was a Wednesday night and I had noted it in my reservation that we would be checking in late. We are in our early 30's and definitely don't need the handicap room. It was hard for my husband too because he is 6'4 and everything was a bit lower. You would think that with the ratio of seniors that were staying there, they would've offered them the ground leve handicap accessible room. So, that was a slight disappointment, but we managed to make the best of it.
The bartender at the pool area was super nice. We went there to redeem our free drink at the pool bar one evening. They had two nice heaters to keep it warm on chilly nights.
The pool was heated so that was nice, but it was small and crowded the day that we went. The pool towels were smaller than the room towels. So, if you have a beach towel of your own, I recommend using it. But, Siesta Key Beach is one of the top beaches, so I would just recommed going there.
The free breakfast was hit or miss. It depended on the day and the time. A couple days there were big rushes before us that wiped out the food and they couldn't keep up. That wasn't their fault though. There is a Panera across the way if that happens to you.
They have free popcorn in the lobby that my husband enjoyed a couple days.
Overall, I would probably stay there again. It's in a good location and nice enough without hitting your pocket too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Best Western Plus-Gateway Siesta Key located at the south bridge to the #1 beach in the US. This hotel is 1 mile from public beach access on Siesta Key and surrounded by restaurants, shopping and many points of interest. Your stay includes hot breakfast everyday and every guestroom includes microwave, fridge and 42" flat screen with HDTV channel lineup. We look forward to seeing you here in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sarasota-Siesta Key Area Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Express Siesta Key