“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6600 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #22 of 47 hotels in Sarasota
Porto, Portugal
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I found the staff mostly unfriendly and the whole place very depressing. No dining facilities and a breakfast with paper plates and plastic cutlery. Horrible. No information available about things to do, just a map. Staff barely spoke and no help offered with cases etc. Another guest helped me in the end when he saw me struggle. On the positive side, the rooms were clean and comfortable and good Wifi access. but not for me, I won't be returning.

Stayed January 2014
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. Your report, however, seems to indicate your anticipation of a restaurant. Our complimentary hot breakfast seats over 50 people in the dining area off the lobby - more than most limited service hotels can accommodate and operates for 3+ hours every morning. None of our published information indicates that we have a restaurant other than breakfast with ample seating capacity, although we are surrounded by many restaurants all within walking distance. We offer a brochure rack, visitor guides and maps which are all available for our guests in the lobby. The promotional channel in all guest rooms covers information about not only Siesta Key but all of Sarasota as well. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day - if we were not helpful when engaged, I apologize. But most of the staff has resided in Sarasota for many years and are well versed in making recommendations if you cannot find what you are looking for in the visitor guides. We appreciate your patronage.

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Granby, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My son and I stayed here for a few days in January when we needed to make a last minute reservation. The staff was really friendly and helpful. My son loved the popcorn, cookies and breakfast, and I loved complimentary coffee all day. The pool was simple but sufficient, and the proximity to Siesta Key and all of Sarasota makes this a great loc. I would definitely return with the rest of the family - a nice pool and a good breakfast goes a long way with kids!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property. We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed all of our special amenities such as coffee, cookies and popcorn and extensive hot breakfast. We hope that we are your hotel choice when returning to the Sarasota/Siesta Key area and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
nova scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Best location! Great staff and good clean rooms! Fabulous full breaksfasts every morning! We stayed for 4 nights and was made to feel comfortable and looked after from start to finish. Great breakfasts offered daily, coffee available all day. Very accomodating, very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property and the wonderful, positive comments you made in your review. We strive to provide the best complimentary breakfast in the area and are thrilled to know that we exceeded that expectation for you. Special amenities to this property such as popcorn, coffee, cappuccino and hot chocolate seem to also be a wonderful surprise for most of our guests. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.
Fort Myers, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The staff went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met. The room was excellent and clean. The breakfast was hot and very good. The location was convienent to restaurants and the beach. This was our sencond stay at this hotel and we will deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went to Sarasota/Siesta Key for motorcycle rally. The hotel was about 5 minutes from downtown Sarasota. Several restaurants within walking distance. Accomadations were good, nice breakfast, quiet rooms, everything clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We only stayed one night but will stay longer in the future. We booked this online as a stopover on the way south, but this hotel delivered. We arrived late, and the desk attendant asked us where we wanted to stay (as we were leaving early, we asked for ground floor parking lot view for ease in loading and unloading) The rooms were nicely appointed, however we did note that there were several little worms on the carpet near the door. (we later realized that they seems to everywhere outside--it is Florida after all) We didn't mention the pests and it didn't really affect us.

The desk attendant was very helpful in suggesting a great gourmet pizza shop for our late night dinner (Sal's?) that delivered to the room. In the morning, the buffet served was top-notch, with bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit salad, cereals, yogurt, juices, toast and bagels, and a coffee/latte machine. The pool looked great, and we were provided 2 drink tickets to use at the pool bar. All this for $120? Crazy good deal.

Back next year for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel through Expedia. I upgraded my room to a premium POOLSIDE room at an additional cost. I paid over two hundred dollars for one night. Upon arrival, I was greeted by an impolite clerk. She gave me the keys to room 308. Much to my surprise, the room over looked the parking lot. I thought she had made an error in my room type. I returned to the front desk and this same clerk became quite rude. She stated, " your room is on the poolside of the building but you just can't see the pool, only the parking lot". The clerk continued on to say I had booked with a "budget" supplier. I would not call over two hundred "BUDGET". She was not going to honor my reservation for a premium room. I requested a manager and was told that there was not anyone available, it was 5 pm. Basically, I was stuck with this room! The clerk refused to be of any other assistance and continued to tell me that I should not be using Expedia. Expedia has a great reputation and I have been using them for over ten years. The hotel was barely a 2 star and the main reason is the staff and room type they sell to their customers. For the price, I want to warn people to STAY AWAY. There are many more hotels in ths area that live up to their reviews. The manager the next morning was made aware of our disappointment and refused to address our concerns. I am a Florida resident and we travel many times a year to different areas in Florida for a get away. We will never recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you book a POOLSIDE room, go look at room before paying for it unless you like to look at a parki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. It is unfortunate that you did not read the description of your room type that you purchased on Expedia for our hotel. It clearly states, Poolside; not Poolview or Overlooking the Pool. It would have been a better experience for you if you had reviewed the room type details, reconfirmed with us directly or better yet, visited our hotel website to review the many photos and descriptions of our accommodations. Although Expedia is a reputable Online Travel Agency, once you reserve travel with them, they become your point of contact as you remit your payment to them. The hotel does not have any control over the reservation you make with one of these entities.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway? Share your experiences!