Perfect hotel for families if you have a car. The heated pool is great for encouraging hesitant young swimmers to literally take the plunge. Good hot breakfast, but after three mornings it gets a little boring, so ask the staff for directions to First Watch, a restaurant just down the street (driving distance) for a great breakfast. Hotel is within walking distance of a nearby restaurant for dinner and a strip mall where you can get smoothies, beach gear, and other basic strip mall services. (NB: There is no food service at this hotel except buffet breakfast.) General location is on a main drag, making it very convenient to get to other sites, but the hotel is far enough away from the road that you never know you're at a major intersection. Excellent staff -- had a couple minor hiccups (nobody's fault, just one of those things), and staff immediately made everything right. We'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Best Western Plus-Gateway Siesta Key located at the south bridge to the #1 beach in the US. This hotel is 1 mile from public beach access on Siesta Key and surrounded by restaurants, shopping and many points of interest. Your stay includes hot breakfast everyday and every guestroom includes microwave, fridge and 42" flat screen with HDTV channel lineup. We look forward to seeing you here in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sarasota-Siesta Key Area Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Express Siesta Key