The hotel itself is fine for what it is. The breakfast was good. However the staff and General Manager are lacking in professionalism. We had in an incident where the housekeeping staff (presumably) used our bathroom and when we notifed the front desk/mgmt spoke with the General Manager who had absolutely no compassion for the situation. Was told there would be a followup, never heard from mgmt/staff ever again. Felt like the matter was completely ignored.
Next day, after housekeeping had cleaned the room, no clean towels left at all. Staff is inept.
Location of this hotel, although convenient, it is noisey because of the major roadways nearby. No view except of all commerical real estate/shopping plazas around you. After posting this review we will probably see a response from hotel mgmt, but too little too late. Plenty of other nice hotels in the area to spend your money on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Best Western Plus-Gateway Siesta Key located at the south bridge to the #1 beach in the US. This hotel is 1 mile from public beach access on Siesta Key and surrounded by restaurants, shopping and many points of interest. Your stay includes hot breakfast everyday and every guestroom includes microwave, fridge and 42" flat screen with HDTV channel lineup. We look forward to seeing you here in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sarasota-Siesta Key Area Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Express Siesta Key