“Always convenient, friendly & affordable.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Naples, Florida
“Always convenient, friendly & affordable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Best Western Midtown is a great place to stay. My husband and I have stayed 5 times at this hotel because it is convenient (close to downtown Sarasota and St. Armand's Circle - as well as south Sarasota); the staff has always been very friendly and helpful (especially Judith); and the price is affordable. We have stayed at a few other locations in Sarasota, but this one is simple and easy and always very good. We like the tropical plants and I like being able to make some hot tea in the morning in the complimentary breakfast room. We usually ask for a room on the outside, facing 41, the 3rd floor - away from as many others as possible, to ensure our stay will be as quiet as possible. The rooms are always clean and neat. Give the Best Western Midtown a try.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Stayed 5 nights with a group of 4 families, all our rooms were very clean, new mattresses, comfortable. Not all rooms had the mini fridge & microwave which we had expected, but hotel staff had them put in our room when we asked about them with no problem. Also needed to store our bicycles and they allowed us to use a space for that. The pool was big and lots fun for the kids. Location is just off busy US 41 but set back so it was quiet. Close to Yoder's Amish restaurant too...great pie! We were all happy with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at this hotel after reading many of the reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews were pretty much spot-on. The hotel is older, but they've done some recent upgrades (our room had a newer AC unit and the walls seemed recently painted). The only complaint I had was the grout in our shower looked dirty, even though it probably wasn't. It had white tile with dark brown grout...my husband said it wasn't dirty, but it grossed me out. The great thing about this hotel was that we couldn't hear anything that was going on in the rooms around us or outside of our front door, like you do in a lot of other hotels. We were there over the 4th of July weekend, too! The pool looked nice and the breakfast was good. Overall, this was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I couldn't wait to go on my mini vac. Everything I needed to do and see was minutes from hotel. People at hotel extra friendly, hotel clean parking a zip. Overall family experience stay perfect.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

This is an OLD motor court type hotel with buildings surrounding a pool area. I was in town because my mother was in the hospital across the street and I needed a place close by. I got my room through cheaprooms.com for a rate of about 58 a night. The room was relatively clean. The furnishings weren't new but still appeared clean. I was assigned a room away from the pool towards US 41. I asked for another room but was told the room I paid for was an outside, lower floor room. I guess since it was so cheap I got what I paid for. Staff was not overly friendly but adequate. I go back in a week but will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2009
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

We just returned from a weekend visit to Sarasota. The Best Western Midtown is conveniently located close to most attractions and the beaches. Although this is an older motel in need of renovations as far as fixtures & carpeting, it was clean & well maintained. The common areas were also well maintained & free f debris.

There is a mini fridge, coffee maker & microwave in the room, which was nice. Continental breakfast was good and enough to start the day. Free high speed internet is a major plus and large hotels & resorts that charge $$$$ should offer the same!

We never heard any noise from our room, except for the garbage truck that came by @ 8AM on Saturday.

The front desk staff was friendly. The lady that tends the Continental breakfast was very pleasant as well.

We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

The location was great for the convenience of being right across the street to the Sarasota Memorial Hospital where my husband was to be an outpatient. We stayed 2days and the Staff were very accomadating to our needs.
The continental breakfast was yummy, I think the muffins were even homemade.
The room was fine except for the carpeting, which look stained. The swimming pool was very nice also.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
bwmidtown, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Midtown. We appreciate your comment and please know that we are taking your feedback and focusing on improvement. We hope to see you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Midtown? Share your experiences!