“Good hotel,close to almost everything” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Mexico City
“Good hotel,close to almost everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I traveled from Mexico City to Sarasota,and when I arrived to this hotel I liked it.
It's well located,really close to a supermarket and close to dinning places.
The only problem I found was that there were roaches in my room.
Breakfast is included.

• Stayed April 2014
Michael R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. If you could please contact me with specific details of your concerns so I can pass those along to the appropriate parties it would be appreciated. We have a contracted pest management company that provides service for our property. I am glad you found our location to be one of convienece and hope you will give us another opportunity should you be in the area in the future.

941-955-9841

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

For the price we paid the hotel room was not all that great but that could be my set of expectations. Staff were polite, pool clean, overall clean. My room however smelled like cigarette, my family and I thankfully had perfume and we were able to spray the room, the AC did not cool the room enough for 4 people. The shower curtain was a bit dangy looking and the shower stopper was rusted and broke.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. If you had a couple free moments, could you please contact me so we can discuss the details. I encourage all feedback and if we have fallen short of someones expectations I would like the opportunity to rectify any concerns one may have. I look forward to speaking with you soon and hope you come back and visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

as title states try it and see if I am to critical. The manager Jessica was very Pleasant, helpful and Professional. For me she went out of her way t address my concerns, if they were not met it wasn't because she didn't try she is only one person and can only do so much. The decor of room was acceptable, however the room cleaning service was inconsistent. and would not clean room at times. I stayed there for close to 2 weeks as I was placed in an unexpected predicament. I will say the location is good with some restaurants and a grocery store very close, also a top rated Hospital is a block away as is Fire/Rescue protection. The Beach is a 5-10 minute drive and bus transportation is easily accessible.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. If you had a few moments could you contact me to go over some of your concerns. I am glad the staff was pleasant and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your return trips to the Sarasota area.

Pensacola, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a very good hotel if you are traveling for any reason to Sarasota. It right in the middle of town and close to everything. It is located right on the main thoroughfare running North and South.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location to be a great one. I look forward to inviting you back in the future.

Ft Myers FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Id have to recommend this motel. The staff was very polite, helpful and friendly. Room was great, nice pool and friendly atmosphere. I will def stay at this motel again and look forward to it. The bed was huge, clean and comfortable. Amenities were good. I enjoyed my stay and as mentioned, would stay there again, and rec to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a great review. We look forward to your return on your next visit to Sarasota.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I really hate to give a poor review on anything but I believe that there is always something that can be done to remedy these situations. When we entered the room the smell was horrible. We had to open up some air fresheners and leave for a while just to be able to stand it. There were also a couple roaches, one that came out of the water dispenser in the coffee maker. The sheets appeared clean, we had clean towels.

I know it was a less expensive hotel but they still should be on top of the bug situation as well as having a pleasant room to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We take pest management very seriously and have a contract with a pest management company that provides regular service for all of our guest rooms and public areas. I am glad you found our linen to be clean and without issue. If you have any questions or other comments please feel free to contact me.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Here on memorial day weekend, needed a room until a resort had an opening. Checked in, room is a motel type, old single pane windows, door that had to be slammed shut. I figured one night, will be OK since I was only sleeping there. Went to dinner, came back, went to clean up and noticed a bug on the carpet, I killed it, goggled cockroach, it looked exactly like it so I assume that it what it was. Put the bags back in the car, told the front desk, a nice older gentlemen offered another room, but I opted to shell out the money and drive across town since only 3 hotels had ANY rooms left at 11pm.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We take pest management very seriously and have a contract with a pest management company that provides regular service for all of our guest rooms and public areas. I apologize you had a negative experience at the hotel and hope you will come back for a visit. If I may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

941-955-9841

Been to BEST WESTERN Midtown? Share your experiences!